Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 11:18 AM

Default Upcoming Trip

Hello all. My wife and I are heading out on vacation from Minnesota on the 9th of October, I plan to be standing in the North Store on the 10th at 8:30. This will be my first store trip and am wondering if there are any secrects to a successful visit to the store. I am looking for a WWII rifle. This summer I had purchased a correct grade H&R so now I want something from the war. Hoping to find something with USGI wood and a 1943 to 1945 serial number. Am I asking too much? Any pointers will be appreciated.

Someone told me in the forum after I bought the H&R that there is no stopping at one. I guess I caught the bug as I hope to have number 2 on a FedEx truck headed home from the North Store.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 AM

Best tips I can offer:
Be there by 8:00 (or earlier) and check the field grades first. Know where they will be in the store before you get there (call ahead). Know your serial number ranges ahead of time and work fast. If you find one to consider, take it to the counter for examination later (they will mark it and hold it for you) and keep looking.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteman View Post
Hello all. My wife and I are heading out on vacation from Minnesota on the 9th of October, I plan to be standing in the North Store on the 10th at 8:30. This will be my first store trip and am wondering if there are any secrects to a successful visit to the store. I am looking for a WWII rifle. This summer I had purchased a correct grade H&R so now I want something from the war. Hoping to find something with USGI wood and a 1943 to 1945 serial number. Am I asking too much? Any pointers will be appreciated.

Someone told me in the forum after I bought the H&R that there is no stopping at one. I guess I caught the bug as I hope to have number 2 on a FedEx truck headed home from the North Store.
My first N store trip was on Wed. 9/26 I was there at 8am by 8:15 there where 2 more customers we talked and I learned some tips etc. I was searching for basically the same thing you were. I looked for 3 hours, felt like I checked every FG and SG at least 3 times as it was a 7 hour drive as I wanted to make the most of my trip. I found one Oct 44 SA FG with a NM Marlin post war barrel with GI wood in pretty good shape DRC rear sight , a Dec 41 SA SG with new wood with 1945 AFPG barrel that looked great and I just liked it , and finally a nice April 43 SA SG M1D with post war GI wood, I bought those and went home broke. I'm sure I missed some but remember one SA FG with WW 2 receiver & 11/43 barrel that I had considered till found out the barrel was shot out. I think they are there sometimes if you are lucky but be prepared to steady took at everything gun there and you may go home lucky. I'm sure I got spoiled and hooked on my first mail order in Aug with a SA SG with a Oct 43 SN, 10/43 barrel, Sa/NFR stock , lock bar sights and all SA parts. Wish you luck with your visit and have fun of course!