Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomedic View Post
Colt frame and matching Colt slide
1911A1
Did you remove the firing pin stop and confirm that the serial number on the slide matches the frame?
Colt stamped slides with serial numbers from s/n 710001 to about 1139xxx. The serial on your frame (902xxx) is in this range.

See "Serial number placement (M1911 and M1911A1)" at this link

Slide stamped 796080
Old 02-08-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJT View Post
Did you remove the firing pin stop and confirm that the serial number on the slide matches the frame?
Colt stamped slides with serial numbers from s/n 710001 to about 1139xxx. The serial on your frame (902xxx) is in this range.

See "Serial number placement (M1911 and M1911A1)" at this link

Slide stamped 796080
I will get a chance to take it down and get more pictures of the slide and frame this coming weekend. I hope it's in the range you mentioned for a more correct period piece.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:36 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBTroll View Post
Link shows the Field Grade Colt pistol that I picked up yesterday afternoon from my FFL. Photos were taken then the pistol was stripped and cleaned. Everything is tight with no rattles or loose parts. The only markings on the pistol are shown in the photos. Between the rain showers today I put 100 rounds down range at 7, 10, and 25 yards without any issues. Point of aim, point of impact except for a couple of flyers. Very pleased with what I received. Only offered FG and the only thing that differentiates mine from the rest of the fine specimens posted is $100 and an unmarked slide. I must say that this is a better shooting example than most of what was issued while active duty.

https://imgur.com/a/HaSL2Cg

Update: Per information found on various websites, to include the official Colt site, this pistol was produced sometime in late 1917. Per the sources used by "thebearpack", this pistol started its military life when it was shipped to the Greenville Piers, NJ on the 21st of January, 1918. After receiving the information supplied by "thebearpack", this pistol has become priceless to my family. I was born on the same date (day and month) that this pistol started its military career, however almost a half century later. The pistol still functions flawlessly at 101+ years old which is much better than I can say for myself at 50+ years of age.

Thank You CMP1911
You have one of the very few examples of a 1911 that receive the 1911 A1 modifications. I really don’t think they did that many. Yours is the second one I’ve seen reported to have been received through the CMP lottery. Congratulations!

Last edited by Wasilla Mac; 02-11-2021 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:32 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Here is a Mount Rainier stamp on a .45......
https://postimg.cc/dk9LpNSK
Bring me up to speed, when did Mount Rainer have anything to do with the M 1911 A1 ? I have never heard anyone mention it before.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasilla Mac View Post
Bring me up to speed, when did Mount Rainer have anything to do with the M 1911 A1 ? I have never heard anyone mention it before.
https://historylink.org/File/9028