Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 03:54 PM

I would hope that the CMP has been opening and checking all the packets that it has received. The properly completed packets would then be added into a data base as the packets come in. Then the CMP just waits (6-8 weeks) for all the remaining packets in transit post marked prior to March 4th to arrive and be processed. The CMP could be filling order immediately after the Random Number are set ... provided Round 1 is done.

Based on the Round 1 thread, there doesn't seem the top random number I saw was 19,001 who got a call on 01/20/2021. Then 15,244 who was contacted on 1/27/21. The rest after that were the mid 18,000. So I'm guessing that Round 1 is about done including skipped/glitched people.
Old 03-04-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
So is this still the process?
Haha - reading through the 2018 thread you linked makes this one seem like deja vu all over again. I thought I had read through the entire 1911 forum history but don't remember seeing that thread before.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMA-1982 View Post
Haha - reading through the 2018 thread you linked makes this one seem like deja vu all over again. I thought I had read through the entire 1911 forum history but don't remember seeing that thread before.
Well, I checked the way the random numbers were assigned the first round and found some interesting information in the first 100 posts. The numbers were likely "assigned" but people started reporting them when the early order were finalized.

The packets were to be in by 4 Oct 2018. The lowest random number was #1097 received on 2 Nov 2018. That same day, random numbers were reported as high as #1245. So about 200 pistols.

The random numbers were reported in weekly or less intervals up to #7755. These people received pistols with in weeks of getting notification of their random number.

Then on 21 Feb 2019 there was a "dump" of random numbers between #8188 to #15307. Then on 7 Mar 2019, there was a second "final" dump of random numbers between #16,307 and 18,953.

There was one person who had paperwork problem and his number went from 15,244 to 16,244 to 19,XXX which is the highest number I saw.

This was only the first 100 posts, but I think it paints a good picture of what might happen this round where the CMP will "dump" of several thousand random numbers as they work through the paperwork.
Old 03-04-2021, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Wrong, wrong and again wrong.
On it goes, this is fun though, Thanks CMP 1911 for the chance. More fun than a lotto ticket for sure!
I'm sure some of the sharpies above have it figured out somewhat closely, maybe?
Bike week is coming here, time for sun burns by day, and cards at night. ooah!
Old 03-04-2021, 09:38 PM

Guys, I gotta say it sure is getting deep in here. Fenris, in your calculation did you take into account the people that was throwing out numbers just for the heck of it?? There were at least 5 people that posted their number that was anywhere from 100 - 2000 off, or the people that posted their number that had not even submitted a packet? Hard to believe? Believe it, I did the research. 1097 was no where near the lowest number issued. There was never a "dump" period. There were 10 people that submitted multiple packets, all used different variations of their name, only problem they all used their real DOB, SSN and same address, but different email addresses. Yes we caught them and all were rejected. Did we miss some yes, I am sure we did, but they have to live with it, I can sleep pretty good each night. Guys, we have a system, might not be your system and I am sure there are better systems, but as the guy said " it's our ball, if you don't like it you can go home" We are doing the best that we can and with a staff of 7, I think we are doing very well. If you READ & FOLLOWED ALL the instructions, you will receive an RGN number. Maybe in a month maybe in 6 months, so sit back, relax, grab a cold beverage, put in a John Wayne movie and chill. All good things come to those that wait.
Closed Thread