Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2021, 01:45 PM

Default My new SG is a Benicia

SA 3352717 as manufactured in Dec, 1944 and rebuilt by the Benicia Arsenal 2-52 or thereabouts. Although it has several dings, the stock has great color with a faint circle P on the grip and a fresh circle P on the heel with a large BA on the left side of the stock. The metal is excellent save for a dime size area on the Trigger housing with minor pitting. The replacement barrel is a 2-52 SA with a ME of 1.5 and a TE of 3. Many of the parts are original to the gun. The bolt is a -19SA A-5 heat lot which I believe is correct, the gas plug has a P and Hexagon, the follower marked 11, hammer is a 2SA, oprod is a 35382 SA used on armory rebuilt rifles, Trigger milled hook with no markings, the front sight ears are .630, trigger housing is a 12-SA and the safety is C46015-9SA. The stock was very dry so I applied a generous rubbing of RLO. This Benicia filled a gap in my collection and I am well pleased.

Last edited by sakorick; 01-23-2021 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:40 AM

Thumbs up

WOW.....Rick you have been on fire as of late with some very fine acquisitions private or from the CMP. Don't forget to play a lottery ticket ! LOL

Fine looking service grade.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
WOW.....Rick you have been on fire as of late with some very fine acquisitions private or from the CMP. Don't forget to play a lottery ticket ! LOL

Fine looking service grade.

Thanks, David. I am on a lucky streak that's for sure. Time to order up another one!
Old 01-24-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
Stocks can be easily switched around. How do you know the rifle itself is a BA rebuild? Is the rifle itself marked in a way that would verify that?

No, and I don't know of any markings that would prove that. I know it isn't a SA. RRAD. Anniston or a LEAD. Perhaps there are other clues I don't know about.