Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 11:27 AM

You know, handguns are so hard to come by right now that'll be interesting if those of you that are in Round 2 will get your handguns before the SIG 229 I ordered from my FFL about the same time the paper work went out. If I was a betting man, I'd say many thousands of those will be delivered to lucky buyers before I get a call from my dealer

Also....as soon as you get your number and are sure you are in line, you might start looking for a good deal on .45 ACP. I'm seeing it at up to $1.50 per round online...so that's crazy.

Phil
Old 03-03-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierBuddy View Post

you might start looking for a good deal on .45 ACP. I'm seeing it at up to $1.50 per round online...so that's crazy.
Yep,,, sooner or later we are all going to end up like Barney Fife carrying one single shiny bullet around in our pocket!
Old 03-03-2021, 12:45 PM

*** POST REMOVED ***

False/incorrect information does not help CMP with this process. Do not post in this thread again

Last edited by Big_Red; 03-05-2021 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Blatantly wrong
Old 03-03-2021, 07:26 PM

I am not sure that they can tally round two today. The packets have to be postmarked by tomorrow, the fourth. Wouldn't that mean that the some packets will not be delivered until after the fourth?
Old 03-03-2021, 07:55 PM

1. If paperwork went to South Store, it means you did not read the instructions and maybe SOL, as CMP 1911 has no connection with South Store.

2. AJ, don't know where you are getting your information from, but its wrong.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith5150 View Post
There's about 140 posts in the 2nd round order thread, that's going to be a tiny fraction of the actual numbers of orders the CMP is receiving. I think the RNG numbers for round 1 went over 19,000.

I don't know if they share actual numbers though.

What's your guess, 10% posted here - 5%? lower...

19,000 was a Large number - more than twice what I would have guessed for the 2017 round, but NONE of those can order this time around. I'm thinking far fewer for round 2 - or at least I'm hoping

Did the orders need to be received by the CMP my March 4 or just postmarked by the 4th??
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=134567

Last edited by CadillacMike; 03-04-2021 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierBuddy View Post
You know, handguns are so hard to come by right now that'll be interesting if those of you that are in Round 2 will get your handguns before the SIG 229 I ordered from my FFL about the same time the paper work went out. If I was a betting man, I'd say many thousands of those will be delivered to lucky buyers before I get a call from my dealer

Also....as soon as you get your number and are sure you are in line, you might start looking for a good deal on .45 ACP. I'm seeing it at up to $1.50 per round online...so that's crazy.

Phil
I have more than enough. I Think.
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=134567
Old 03-04-2021, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstick View Post
They have to open all the packets and confirm which ones are complete and then enter them into their system. After that,vthey run the RNG routine. I. Round one, it took me 4-5 months to get my RNG. So yeah, it will be a while
The CMP 1911 *may* do this for round 2...but that's speculation. The CMP 1911 definitely did not do the process you described for round 1. The packets were only opened once a packet was next in RNG order to be processed for a sale. Acceptance or rejection of the packet was done after the RNG was assigned in round 1. How the CMP will process packets for round 2 is unknown. I assume that they learned things from round 1 and will make changes to be more efficient for round 2. Again, that's just my guess.

For the CMP's sake I hope there are tons of orders. For the sake of the customers I hope there are not tons of orders so people don't have to wait 2 years to receive a 1911.

Good luck to everyone in round 2!!
Old 03-04-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drslash View Post
. The packets were only opened once a packet was next in RNG order to be processed for a sale.
That would have made it a mite difficult to get the customer email info for the RNG notification.
As customers, we only know that which we observed. We sent in packets, we were issued numbers, we got phone calls.
Old 03-04-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drslash View Post
The CMP 1911 *may* do this for round 2...but that's speculation. The CMP 1911 definitely did not do the process you described for round 1. The packets were only opened once a packet was next in RNG order to be processed for a sale. Acceptance or rejection of the packet was done after the RNG was assigned in round 1. How the CMP will process packets for round 2 is unknown. I assume that they learned things from round 1 and will make changes to be more efficient for round 2. Again, that's just my guess.

For the CMP's sake I hope there are tons of orders. For the sake of the customers I hope there are not tons of orders so people don't have to wait 2 years to receive a 1911.

Good luck to everyone in round 2!!
CMP1911 suggested, just a few posts up, that this was simply not accurate.
It's still not accurate.
I received my RNG, along with 18,000 others months/years before my packet was processed for a sale. They can't send RNGs to customers without opening the envelopes.

Either way, that was then, and as suggested many times, round 2 will most likely include many minor changes to add efficiency. But I am certain the RNGs, scheduled to be sent in several weeks, will not be sent without opening the envelopes. Process each at that time? I could guess (the answer seems obvious), but does it matter? You get an RNG or you don't. Later on you get a call or you don't.

CMP and CMP1911 have posted some facts. They are useful to reference.
JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Closed Thread