Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2019, 09:36 PM

Default Thanks for your service guys - (Mr. Lovell) ...

One 1st and foremost here; your service and familial sacrifice will NOT forgotten.

And the rest of you who did Korea, RVN TO, and other vets of theaters of ops.

No vets will forget...

ed.: do we have any vets here, of Korea TO ?????

Did any Americans STOP waving their US Flags on 09/11/01, because their arms were tired from waving it on 09/10/01?
Old 07-21-2019, 10:50 PM

You just reminded me of a story that few of you have ever heard.
When I got out of the army after WWII, I signed up for Army Reserve. I was the first enlisted man in the Tulsa unit. I was well received by the officers and before long, I was promoted to Sgt. 1st Class. I attended all meetings even though I was working and going to school at night. We began to get some new recruits in and would spend the time in training them. The first year that we went to summer camp was just as the Korean War started. We got to Ft. Hood and the 2nd Armd. Div. was moving out to Korea. Word was passed down that they were going to use us as replacements to the 2nd Armd Div. It looked like we would be shipping out with out even a chance to go home and take care of affairs. Then the good news. They announced that they were calling up the inactive reserves to go since they could always get the active reserves. We got to go home and continue training. I never went to Korea. However, I did have a very active life. In addition to training recruits in the Active Reserve, I was working as a shipping clerk for a company that made filters for the navy, and attending law school at Tulsa University at night. I stayed in the reserves for two more years when I developed arthritis of the spine and was discharged.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:57 PM

You got the job done Sir; WELL DONE - I imagine your brother's work saved more than a few troops.

Just kinda' wondering how many vets of other T/O's we have here ? milprileb, davehh, rvn69-70, ......................................

No one would tangle with Reagan when I was in; had to go back to school...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert C. Lovell View Post
You just reminded me of a story that few of you have ever heard.
When I got out of the army after WWII, I signed up for Army Reserve. I was the first enlisted man in the Tulsa unit. I was well received by the officers and before long, I was promoted to Sgt. 1st Class. I attended all meetings even though I was working and going to school at night. We began to get some new recruits in and would spend the time in training them. The first year that we went to summer camp was just as the Korean War started. We got to Ft. Hood and the 2nd Armd. Div. was moving out to Korea. Word was passed down that they were going to use us as replacements to the 2nd Armd Div. It looked like we would be shipping out with out even a chance to go home and take care of affairs. Then the good news. They announced that they were calling up the inactive reserves to go since they could always get the active reserves. We got to go home and continue training. I never went to Korea. However, I did have a very active life. In addition to training recruits in the Active Reserve, I was working as a shipping clerk for a company that made filters for the navy, and attending law school at Tulsa University at night. I stayed in the reserves for two more years when I developed arthritis of the spine and was discharged.

Did any Americans STOP waving their US Flags on 09/11/01, because their arms were tired from waving it on 09/10/01?
Old 07-22-2019, 12:10 AM

... this one will not let you alone. THANKS TO YOU SIR.

I am digitally acquainted with one who was with dad in RVN, when he got SAF in foot; I'll not let him rest either.

Thanks to all of you who did tours in any TO.