Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill1 View Post
If I was to call there this afternoon, would they be able to tell me if there would be 03A3's available on Friday morning? I have about a 5 hour trip each way and wouldn't mind the drive if there is a reasonably good chance I would go home with a decent rifle.
I would call. When I left at noon, there were NO 03A3s left. Plenty of 03A3 drill rifles, but the 3 or 4 I picked up were trashed by the welder.

There were 3 HRA Correct Grades left. And plenty of M1C&Ds. A rack of 308 Specials. Some air rifles.

Orest said that would be the last of the 03A3s for a while, but who knows. I get the feeling they keep everyone guessing so there isn't a stampede at the store. Or they like to play with our emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken792 View Post
One of my friends impulsively made the trip to the North Store last night (from MD) and arrived to see that there were no FG M1's. All he saw was RG M1's and some 03A3's, which he did not want.
he should've made the trip worth while and picked up a correct grade H&R.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:09 PM

I moseyed in just planning to look but walked out with a rack grade HRA that felt solid, ME 2.0 and mirror bore, Greek park; and one of the few 1903A3s with a reasonably shootable bore, according to Bob at the desk. A few gems turn up now and then. We'll see how they shoot this weekend!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:52 PM

Since I had to stop by to see B. Jones on the way out this morning I popped in for a quick visit. The main goal was to check if the sling box had been restocked. The following is what I found at 09:00.

03A3 - None other than drills
Field Grade - Maybe 15 both HRA and SA. Pretty rough. Maybe they were RG didn't look real close.
Snipers - They had added two more racks since my Monday visit.
HRA .308 Specials - One full rack.
HRA Correct - 3 and thank God I got mine when I did. Those three rifles were service grades of the past. I mean a lot of metal showing through the park and very rough stocks. One of the stocks even had two holes drilled in the left side towards the front half of the receiver.

It was obvious the CMP matches were over cause the place was like a ghost town. Sling box was full so I should be set on match slings for many years.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:33 PM

Default After the Carbine Match,

My buddy Steve and I walked over and were amazed at what was there. I bought a C receiver, 379399, pitted below the wood, who cares. I got an 03A3, all Remington, measuring 0 at the muzzle and 2 in the throat, with the cartouches still on the stock. The only defect is the hand guard is cracked. Then I grabbed one of the 6 digit FG M1's that had lockbars. I took it to the counter and Bob and I popped it open to find what I thought was a complete Winchester trigger group. Further exam reveals it has a Springfield trigger. The wood is beat up, but that's easily changed. Christmas came early for me. I think Tuesday was the day to be in the store. Two full racks of FG M1's and 2 full racks of 03A3's. All were gone in about 90 minutes.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsie View Post
Yesterday, I picked up a Rack Grade Garand with a nice trigger and blown out barrel. It's the base for a 308 "tanker" conversion. Except the stock and barrel, everything else looked good to go.
What's the price on the rack grades?
Old 07-28-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starjammir View Post
What's the price on the rack grades?
$475 + 7% sales tax
Distinguished Rifleman #2297