Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2015, 04:39 PM

Early inspector stamps were script like this one...

Old 09-09-2015, 02:13 AM

Exclamation

I'll give credit to the dishonest seller, he did a great job adding patina and dents and dings to make it look like a real stock. Surprising, though, that he was dumb enough to leave the Boyd's stamp on the interior. Seller, here's your sign.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:14 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherHenryBowman View Post
$1,300 is what I paid for the rifle.
Ouch! That had to hurt.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:00 AM

I'd ask to return the rifle and state that it was obviously misrepresented as original. If not, then know that we all live and learn; it's a gig that usually comes with a door charge. But I still wouldn't hesitate letting the seller know that he has been something less than honest in describing his wares. You have to keep in mind issues like this every time you see an 03 or 03A3 up for sale. It's a problem that really didn't exist 10 - years ago.

Last edited by S99VG; 09-09-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:03 AM

So it's missing the cutoff also? Have you reached out to the seller?

Finestkind
Old 09-09-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finestkind View Post
So it's missing the cutoff also? Have you reached out to the seller?

Finestkind
the cutoff is visible in his picture
Old 09-09-2015, 01:35 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm View Post
the cutoff is visible in his picture
I believe they're talking about the Pedersen Device cut out in the stock, not the cut off.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:59 PM

Any Mk1 parts on it? I can't tell. This one should go back to the seller. "Booked it"-- this one come out of a Pawn Shop? Red Flags all over the place. Pawn Shops do not like cops. I would try to take it back to the pawn/gun shop.

Last edited by Calif-Steve; 09-09-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:39 PM

As best as I can tell having had it in had now, the only Mk1 parts are: receiver/sights, barrel, trigger, and sear.

I've gone back to the seller, asking for the return while I cover the shipping (both ways) - he has given me the proverbial one-finger wave. After all, in addition to the "bargain" of a rifle I received, he "also threw in $150 worth of accessories": an old sling and allegedly-new Pedersen magazine pouch. I am guessing he's applied the same algorithm to these pieces as he did the rifle.

Gun Broker has a fraud policy, and since I sent a check by US mail there could also be an option mail fraud claim. Beyond that...it's an expensive learning opportunity.

Last edited by AnotherHenryBowman; 09-09-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:03 PM

You can try a stop payment on the check. Most MK Is found these days only have the receiver as the original part. If you are lucky you can find one with the original barrel and if really lucky the original stock. The Pedersen triggers were all pulled a long time ago. Outside of that the sights, barrel and everything else is pretty much stock 03 equipment. If he represented the rifle as an original then that is a fraud and you should pursue Gunbroker. If anything you may get him booted of their web site and that would be a service to us all. Who knows, they may even be able to put pressure on him to take back the rifle - especially if they threaten him with removal. Best of luck and the seller really was an a-hole! You on the other hand were just looking for an honest deal. Don't let this put a bad taste in your mouth.

Last edited by S99VG; 09-09-2015 at 05:07 PM.