Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2016, 05:03 PM

Could always handle it like the military... crusty old NCO behind a counter hands you your weapon and says "next"... and when you speak up about how you're 'not sure this is the one you want', he looks at you and YELLS "NEXT!!!"
Old 02-04-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincalc View Post
I got there around noon and there were still more than a dozen humanoids in line, waiting to get in. I'm not in to the mad rush thing any more so had a leisurely breakfast etc before heading to The Store. Mot too long a wait to get in, thank God. The BR's were mis-priced or whatever and got marked back to $150. Some were interesting, but I didn't go for one ( one had "Bavarian" markings). Didn't look over the M1's at all - there were a "new" batch of 03A3 drill rifles there today - much better condition than I've seen in a while. Several grades: basically: $175, $150 and $100 (I think), depending on what they didn't have. Looked like there may have been a new batch of "C's" and "D's" in the racks.
BR's for $150??? They must have been pure garbage for people to pass at that price.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincalc View Post
I got there around noon and there were still more than a dozen humanoids in line, waiting to get in. I'm not in to the mad rush thing any more so had a leisurely breakfast etc before heading to The Store. Mot too long a wait to get in, thank God. The BR's were mis-priced or whatever and got marked back to $150. Some were interesting, but I didn't go for one ( one had "Bavarian" markings). Didn't look over the M1's at all - there were a "new" batch of 03A3 drill rifles there today - much better condition than I've seen in a while. Several grades: basically: $175, $150 and $100 (I think), depending on what they didn't have. Looked like there may have been a new batch of "C's" and "D's" in the racks.

About how many Carbine BR's were there ? I'd be interested in that as well. That price seems to be pretty good . That would be a nice project build. I sent a mail order in that should have arrived sometime Monday but I put a stamp on my order and dropped it off at the post office early Friday morning. Would a BR count as 1 carbine per year ?
Old 02-04-2016, 06:16 PM

I would have picked up a BR for a future build with a criterion barrel assuming it wasn't drilled and tapped.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:48 PM

Here is a couple of quick pics. I will take better pics at a future date. Most of the rifles were in this condition

Old 02-04-2016, 06:57 PM

nice
Old 02-04-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuck50 View Post
Here is a couple of quick pics. I will take better pics at a future date. Most of the rifles were in this condition

Nice carbine...been waiting all day for this!!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Banned

See any with new wood and reparked? Hope most will be GI wood and original finish.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconinforce View Post
See any with new wood and reparked? Hope most will be GI wood and original finish.
No all were very similar to the pic I posted
Old 02-04-2016, 08:40 PM

Wow, it's hard times when 30 rifles create 9 pages of discussion...