Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2018, 06:41 AM

Default TMP and South Store 8/2/18

Went to the TMP store Wednesday afternoon. All the guns were pretty bad. Had a lot of IHC's with lots of IHC parts but not worth the asking price. As an old time South Store visitor I can say the hackberry stocks are just terrible. One of the bores was a sewer pipe, never seen that on a CMP gun. I'd caution anyone to look down the bore before buying. If that one got out there may be more. On a brighter note, they had NIW M7 bayonets with M8A1 scabbards for $42. I got two with the VCI wrappers dated 1983 and 1984. These weren't available in the SS. If you want one or more of these it's well worth the drive to the range...There was a nice friendly helpful crowd at the SS. Not much selling as the stocks are just so bad. Lots of IHC but for $1050 not worth buying. The one correct grade, $3K, had a shellacked stock you will play heck with cleaning up without damaging the cartouche. The staff said there isn't much good wood to be had for any grade gun. I just wish they'd spend the extra $ and put a CMP walnut stock on everything. The bright note here was the .308 Specials for $850. New 2018 dated barrel with CMP walnut stock and all the parts refinished as new. Very nice for the price, I bought one. They also had them in 30.06 but at $1050. Difference was the .308 had Grade "B" receivers with some pitting. I couldn't really see any and was glad for the $200 price difference. And the new CMP plastic rifle cases are excellent, way better than the old green ones.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:36 AM

Default South Store and TMP

I was there last Thursday and Friday. I had the same feelings about the Hackberry stocks you mentioned. The bayonets were not for sale last week or I did not see them. I do not think they have restocked the TMP in a long time. They told me they were expecting a new shipment any day. Before you drive there you might want to call them first to see if they have any new stock.South Store is awesome. Last Thursday there were over 30 people there by 9:00am. That was a bunch. They sold over 20 guns and there was quite a few new guns put out for Friday am. Friday there was about 10 folks there. I bought my guns on Friday. Rob 30.06 was there Saturday am and he and his friend were the only 2 people there for opening. No one else showed up for over an hour. I was told that the Filipino stocks are nice and they might be coming out soon. I found 4 different colors of Hackberry stocks last week. 2 of the 4 I checked had Boyds stamped on the inside of the stock. One of the stock closely resembles a USGI stock. Tom told me last Thursday that it was the first time he had seen that new color. So much for my trip and thanks for the update this week because Tom is on vacation.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:32 AM

Hereís the opening report for the south store today. My first time here, so I wonít have near the detail Tom does.

SA SG2, RG 8
WRA SG 4, FG 5
IHC SG 6, FG 20
HRA RG 1
SA correct 1
SA M1C 2
special FG 308 3
Special 30-06 6

Almost all RG and FG Hackberry
SG were all CMP stocks

Ask for bayonets
Box full of cotton slings
Bags of en blocs

I picked up an IHC SG yesterday. Great experience with my son!
Old 08-03-2018, 08:39 AM

Great report!! Thanks for posting.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:26 AM

Thanks to everyone who has taken Tom’s place. I have been having withdraws not being able to see what’s there.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2018, 12:16 PM

First time I've seen SA SGs in a store report this year.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemanyz View Post
Thanks to everyone who has taken Tomís place. I have been having withdraws not being able to see whatís there.

Thanks
Sounds like not much.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:54 PM

Great Report!
Old 08-03-2018, 10:24 PM

Stopped by the TMP this afternoon just in time to see them restock 20 new rifles. They had some of the field grade .308 specials and a few rifles with USGI wood. I didn't have time to inventory them, but still wanted to report out.

Good Luck!
Old 08-04-2018, 01:40 AM
Banned

Geesh you would think with the money they're making off the rifles they could at least provide a decent replacement stock, Those Crapberrys .Why not just put CMP walnut stocks on them all and burn them crapberry stocks.