Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2019, 03:45 PM

Default Phone contact, Jan 08 update, Skype

Hello I see 08 Jan sales update allows to submit some changes to FFL and address Phone # that may allow contact update.

I have foreign travel now planned, anyone have experience using a Skype phone number to receive calls on cell phone app from States while overseas? Any other suggestions? I sure do not to miss contact!

I appreciate CMP allowing contact changes, and I realize the challenge to keep this stuff straight and execute program! Thanks CMP1911.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2019, 07:44 PM

I have used a Skype phone number to receive calls while overseas. you need to pay for the Skype Number to get it to work right with landlines.

Another option I've used is Vonage.

Some countries did block the Skype calls, though. PM me if you want some tips on research on your specific countries.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:02 PM

A good option is the free Viber app that works great and uses your existing phone number....but with no charges whatsoever whether here in the US, or overseas across the world! Again, its free and works great everywhere.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:42 AM

Default Phone

Perfect thanks for tips!!
Old 01-19-2019, 01:12 PM

If you are close with your FFL maybe you can give the CMP his number and give him your credit card # so he gets the call, ( since the call is basicaly about payment method only) they would already know your the buyer and he's the ship to dealer, can't see any issue with it, he could handle the whole thing while your away, maybe sweeten the pot and take him and his wife out for a steak dinner!

Tags