Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T38Carbine View Post
They don't do that...if they were establishing a back order list they would have advised you.

It was a joke.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:36 PM

My brother received his today as well at 8:36 this morning. He sent me the letter from CMP on 1/28 indicating there were going to be a limited number of carbines for sale. So I finally got off my rear and mailed my information off. Both his and my order landed shortly after 11 on 2/1 per USPS. I was one of the lucky ones to get a FG Quality Hardware and he got the Dear John letter. Felt bad for minute after he forwarded the email to me. But got over it pretty quickly.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:05 PM

I lucked out last weekend at a gunshow and bought a NPM 1.5 serial # from an individual for 700. I had to get it. Wish I could've gotten a CMP carbine. The NPM was very nice.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:03 AM

Got my notification yesterday. My order for a service grade was received at 1132hrs on 1 Feb 2016 for what is worth. Oh well, I will buy something else or wait until the next time CMP offers carbines.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolson670 View Post
I was in the 2/1 around 0930 or so. Haven't recieved a Dear John or a DBU. I mailed of my order for a SG with a FG as a second choice. What I find interesting is that I put my dad's order, same choice as mine, in the same envelope as my order. He recieved a nice 6 digit FG in a modified type 2 WRA/GHD marked stock. Anyone else have an order recieved on 2/1 that didn't get the Dear John?
Order received on 2/1 at 0957 via Priority Mail. Nothing yet, but I know the official rejection is coming. Of course with my luck, it's probably hiding between a desk and a wall somewhere.

On a positive note: I did get a grade B receiver barreled and head spaced through the custom shop last month. Sent it in on a Friday and received it back the next Friday, so that was a nice change of pace.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:47 PM

Got my dear John letter in the mail today complete with my hand-voided check.
I've got a spot on the mantle already picked out.
Hand cancelled....in ink pen!
Old 05-14-2016, 02:37 AM
Banned

The Fat Lady has belted out her song,and all the carbines are gone, Got my missed the cut email yesterday too,But still waiting on the old import Carbine I sent in to the Custom Shop when they opened back up,I made the first 15 ,New stock,New Barrel,everything Guages to make sure its in spec,reparked,Op Rod rebuilt,When I get it back it will be one accurate good looking M-1 Carbine,Once I figured Id missed the cut,In went the old import Carbine that was a shooter and will now be a really good shooter.Figured Id get me a good Carbine out of this deal one way or another.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:37 AM

I am in line for the custom shop with an import carbine also. Maybe we need our own thread to see what the final results look like.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:09 AM
Banned

Jones dw,,Have they started on yours yet? They started on mine about a month ago got the call from the armorer telling me the condition of my Gun,It would no longer Headspace so a new barrel was in order so i got a barrel also ,the stock was so beat they said fixing it with sanding and refinishing it the metal would not fit well etc so I got a stock put on it and various other stuff done,I wonder how long it usually takes,I am also on the list so I can send in one of my Garands also but have not been notified for that one yet.Ill be happy to post pics when i get mine back before and after pics.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:22 AM

Didn't get a Carbine.

So, I got a Steyr Aug instead!