Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2020, 01:13 PM

Default NS 7/30 report

I made the trip to the NS this morning. Not a lot of changes from last weeks report.

Service Grades
2 racks of WRAs mostly CMP stocks and all replacement barrels
1 rack of IHCs there were a few with what looked to be original LMR barrels.

Field Grades
1/2 rack of WRAs no original barrels
2 IHCs (not racks) with replacement barrels

2 racks of WRA special grade
1 rack of assorted drill rifles.

I didnt notice any cartouches on any wood that wasnt CMP stocks a few had very faint P stamps

5 daisy pellet guns
M7 bayonets available NIB with scabbards.
I didnt ask if they had any M5A1s. My last trip they did have some but they were in pretty bad condition.
No slings other then new

There were no SAs in FG or SG out on the floor which seemed a little odd especially with the amount of SG WRAs and IHCs they had out. I was hoping to find a WW2 era SA as I have 2 SA/GAW and 1 SA/NFR stocks. A few of the IHCs looked pretty decent.

I really hated to leave without bringing home another CMP case but I did pickup a few T shirts. My appointment was for 9:30. I got there at 8:30 and was able to go in with no wait as there were only 4 others in the store.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:30 PM

Thanks so much for the report!
Old 07-30-2020, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas100 View Post
I made the trip to the NS this morning. Not a lot of changes from last weeks report.

Service Grades
2 racks of WRAs mostly CMP stocks and all replacement barrels
1 rack of IHCs there were a few with what looked to be original LMR barrels.

Field Grades
1/2 rack of WRAs no original barrels
2 IHCs (not racks) with replacement barrels

2 racks of WRA special grade
1 rack of assorted drill rifles.

I didnt notice any cartouches on any wood that wasnt CMP stocks a few had very faint P stamps

5 daisy pellet guns
M7 bayonets available NIB with scabbards.
I didnt ask if they had any M5A1s. My last trip they did have some but they were in pretty bad condition.
No slings other then new

There were no SAs in FG or SG out on the floor which seemed a little odd especially with the amount of SG WRAs and IHCs they had out. I was hoping to find a WW2 era SA as I have 2 SA/GAW and 1 SA/NFR stocks. A few of the IHCs looked pretty decent.

I really hated to leave without bringing home another CMP case but I did pickup a few T shirts. My appointment was for 9:30. I got there at 8:30 and was able to go in with no wait as there were only 4 others in the store.
I stopped by CMP at approx. 11:30 am - did not have an appointment; was able to walk in immediately. For about 20 minutes, I was the ONLY customer in the store. (Two other customers walked in around noon time.) I was on my way back home after spending 10 days in Michigan with my best friend getting in some trigger time (in lieu of the matches), so it wasn't a wasted trip as such.

I can confirm what Chas100 previously reported, with the following exceptions:
  • The two (2) racks of WRA specials reported by Chas100 were actually three (3) racks of WRA field grade specials ($1050 each).

In the IHC SG category, I saw one (1) rifle with a USGI stock and an SA replacement barrel.

The drill rifles (all M1 Garands) were going for $380 each. NO BOLT ACTION RIFLES IN STOCK.

Regarding the WRAs, I did not see any WIN-13s in either the SG or FG category, nor did I see any with WRA barrels. Of course, seeing as I got there at almost midday, if there were any, they would have been snapped up by the first customers of the day.

But, I did see an SG with a Marlin replacement barrel AND another SG with an SA barrel dated approx. May 1961. (Normally, most of the SA replacement barrels I have seen over the years tend to date in the early and mid-1950s.) Some SGs appeared to have LMR barrels as well.

If you're into Winchester M1 SGs / FGs and don't care about USGI wood, WRA barrels, or WIN-13s, now's probably the best time there has been in a long time to pick one up.

I too find it odd that there were NO SA or HRA SGs or FGs available. Perhaps CMP's current output of those are being diverted to fill mail orders for now.

Talked to Bob Bell for a while - he noted that the recent supply of bolt actions (approx. 200) were all American Legion / VFW turn-ins. CMP apparently accumulated enough to put them out for sale in the stores, although not enough to enable mail order sales (this topic has been covered in the past).

So, I walked out without buying anything, but I didn't walk out empty-handed - there were several free CMP posters on some tables, as well as some pins and buttons for recent previous National Matches, going back from 2019 to 2010 or even earlier. Bob told me I could take all I wanted.

So, if you're missing an annual pin or button from a recent NM participation, now's your chance!
Old 07-31-2020, 05:29 AM

The IHC’s and WRA SG’s I saw were very nice. I agree it’s a good time to fill that hole in your collection.

That said, I still don’t understand why the store did not have purchasing limits on Garands from day one.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
The IHCs and WRA SGs I saw were very nice. I agree its a good time to fill that hole in your collection.

That said, I still dont understand why the store did not have purchasing limits on Garands from day one.
I agree that if youre looking for a WRA or even an IHC now is probably a good time and maybe the last to be able to handpick one at the NS. Im not as familiar with WRAs as I am with other makers and nothing really caught my eye. There was 1 WRA that had a WRA barrel but I dont think it was original. There were also at least 2 6 digit WRAs when I was there.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob moore View Post
What was the price of the IHC service grades?
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=257387

+Tax.....