Scope for CZ 455...what is popular right now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dale Alan
    • Feb 2013

Scope for CZ 455...what is popular right now ?

I am researching all the options,and the choices are overwhelming .Wondering fixed or variable, adjustable objective, rimfire specific , etc. .My first 22 sporter match will be this year and I am curious what folks are using for scopes. I have a Leupold V1 3x9 that seems fine at 50 yards but not too crisp at 25 yards .I also have an old Weaver K 2.5 with fine crosshairs but wonder if I am giving up to much magnification. Thanks for any info you are willing to share.
  • mustang82
    • Nov 2009

Stick with a designated .22 scope as most are designed for use inside of 100 yards, usually 50 yards. The parallax is (typically) adjusted for 50 instead of 100 yards which is typical for big bore scopes. Rules stipulate 6X max so don't worry about going over that. If you do chose a variable they will tape the scope adjustment at 6X or less. Make sure your scope and rings combo does not put you over on weight: 7.5 pounds for rifle scope and mag. I don't really notice the difference between my 4X and 6X. The Nikon Prostaff .22 scopes seem to give a lot of value for the cost and are at least worth a look.

Comment

• Dale Alan
      • Feb 2013

Thanks for the info . Funny you mention the Nikon .I checked one out today,I was impressed with it and thought the $ 120 price seemed reasonable. I was very tempted to bring it home but wanted to get some opinions first...I can always go back this weekend.

Originally posted by mustang82 View Post
      Stick with a designated .22 scope as most are designed for use inside of 100 yards, usually 50 yards. The parallax is (typically) adjusted for 50 instead of 100 yards which is typical for big bore scopes. Rules stipulate 6X max so don't worry about going over that. If you do chose a variable they will tape the scope adjustment at 6X or less. Make sure your scope and rings combo does not put you over on weight: 7.5 pounds for rifle scope and mag. I don't really notice the difference between my 4X and 6X. The Nikon Prostaff .22 scopes seem to give a lot of value for the cost and are at least worth a look.

Comment

• ZvenoMan
        • May 2011

1. If you want to buy what the cool kids have then take a poll :-)
        2. You must define the use of the scope, otherwise all you'll get is fanboys bragigng about their purchases. Do you want it for making tiny groups a >100 yards, for matches (if so what type), hunting (if so, what/where), or do you just want one that will be pleasing and compliment the lines of the CZ (a very common endeavor).
        I forgot, the type of 455 matters, some have stocks meant for scopes, others not so much.
        Ring selection is critical with the CZs as well (again, for serious use; lower is better; otherwise slap on whatever is handy that clears the bolt)
        A good rule of thumb is always consider the cost of the scope to approach (or exceed) the cost of the rifle, if it's for serious use.
        Plenty of info here: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...splay.php?f=18

I have a Burris 4.5-14x40 on one CZ (a .17, but close enough); it is not the most tactical rifle ever for sure.
        I have BRNO match sights on another; each has a purpose.
        JH
        Zvenoman

Comment

• slickshot223
          • Dec 2009

What he said!!!

Comment

• mustang82
            • Nov 2009

Since you said you were setting up for Rimfire Sporter you might want to check these images out if you have not already:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VowLxMimFY

http://cmp1.zenfolio.com/p672050288

Comment

• Dale Alan
              • Feb 2013

Since you said you were setting up for Rimfire Sporter you might want to check these images out if you have not already:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VowLxMimFY

http://cmp1.zenfolio.com/p672050288
              Thank you,images give me a good idea of what to expect.

Comment

• john17427
                • Jan 2013

I put a Mueller on the CZ 22 mag I got last year. Rimfirecentral is the place to do research though as someone mentioned earlier.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/mueller...iflescope.html

Comment

• Dale Alan
                  • Feb 2013

Thanks,looks like a nice scope . I took the advice and posted on rimfire central,getting some good replies.

Comment

• Chas100
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by slickshot223 View Post
                    What he said!!!
                    Go with what Gene recommends on Mustangs quote. The most knowledgable rimfire expert I know
                    Chas

Comment

• MLHSR
                      • Dec 2009

buy once cry once. never in a million years buy a rimfire scope. buy bkl rings in high and a good scope with AO.
                      ps; look at the vortex 3-9 with ao will not be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                      X