Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2015, 06:52 PM

This problem has come up before. Usually during a new release or the Nationals. The easiest thing that comes to mind is tape or rope off the garage entrance and put up a sign saying STAFF ONLY. This makes everyone use the man door to the right. If CMP really wanted to eliminate the 'goof ball line cutters', install a 'take a number' machine during busy or all times for that matter. It works at Deli's and other markets.This still won't stop the 'isle blockers' however. I had an experience early in my CMP membership and was blocked by several, large customers from going down the HRA SG isle while they picked through the rifles.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:53 PM

This really went off track. A few guys dissed someone and the dissed party didn't tell them to back up or go to the end of the line or what ever for humanities sake ,Ha .20 years ago someone would have been laying in the parking lot bleeding . Any news on what's at the N.S. We are going up for a few of the Games and going to stop in for a few things.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:00 PM

As an educator, blaming me or schools for the political correctness issue is a little far fetched. Remember, parents and people drive political motivations, not staff. When a parent comes in because their son or daughter was caught drinking or doing drugs and the first thing they say is I'm getting a lawyer, how in the world are schools supposed to mediate that. I work in tremendous school district but the things parents do, let me say that again, PARENTS DO, undermines all assets of accountability we as educators try and foster.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:11 PM

There is no discipline in the schools and the teachers, admins and government are to blame as well as the parents but aren't the teachers, admin and government people the "educated" ones?

I have no problem with discipline while coaching football, I lay down the rules and I stick to them. If you don't come to practice then you don't play, you get 3 strikes for minor offenses then you are gone, no exceptions. Commit a major offense you are gone ,that's it.

I have kicked one kid off of all my teams in 15 years of being a head coach.

If you do that at schools you will see a huge turn around. Parents rely on schools to babysit and if they realize their little jimmies and Annie's will be kicked out for good they will lean on the kids to do the right things like homework and respecting adults. Right now the parents blame the teachers, admin or anybody but their kids and the kids LOVE it.

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 07-12-2015, 07:21 PM

So whats happening at the North Store?
Old 07-12-2015, 07:24 PM

Default Dog gone it!

[QUOTE=pappasue;1325090]Our school system is so messed up there is no going back to reality. I am a product of catholic grammar school and inner city public high school ,I was also a high school coach. PC means kids necking in the halls have nothing to worry about, it also means when a kid disrespects a teacher and the teacher sends kid to principle THE TEACHER not the kid gets disciplined.
PC is a liberal thing ,don't ask me to explain it I just know it when I see or hear it.
Every night after grammar school there was a fight then it was over and after a few days forgotten, this was a catholic grammar school. If you equate a punch in the nose or a fight after school "violence" you are part of the problem and have already been brainwashed.
At my high school if you didn't stand up for yourself you were going to be doing a lot of running, I don't like running."

You wanna pull resumes into this? Okay. I wouldn't know what I am talking about concerning this issue. I only hold two Bachelor's degrees (BS in Journalism, Minor in History) and taught English Language Arts and Social Studies (Bachelor's in Education, earned it while teaching with a non-tax in charter and Catholic schools) in the inner city. I am certified to teach 4-9th grade and taught for 5 years in the inner city (5-8 grade). Before that time, I wrote for a daily newspaper, have had many articles hit the AP wire and was nominated for a press award while I was still a college student. I mention that last bit because I can say more than you would ever want to know about the state of journalism in this country and my dissolution with the rise of "pundit news." Those are the talking points you keep quoting. I hear the same garbage spewed by ilk like Limbaugh and Savage.
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--

Last edited by kilroywashere; 07-12-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:56 PM

This might be the most awesomely over dramatized thread I've ever had the pleasure reading on this forum. LoL! All over some clapped out overpriced carbines. I went in an hour or two before they closed today, there were still 5 or 6 rough IHC's and 2 SA Field grades. The field grades were decent, but the barrels were pretty worn.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:59 PM

Default Smart

I love smart people, the best team I ever coached had 3 high honor students and 4 honor students.

[QUOTE=kilroywashere;1325140]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappasue View Post
Our school system is so messed up there is no going back to reality. I am a product of catholic grammar school and inner city public high school ,I was also a high school coach. PC means kids necking in the halls have nothing to worry about, it also means when a kid disrespects a teacher and the teacher sends kid to principle THE TEACHER not the kid gets disciplined.
PC is a liberal thing ,don't ask me to explain it I just know it when I see or hear it.
Every night after grammar school there was a fight then it was over and after a few days forgotten, this was a catholic grammar school. If you equate a punch in the nose or a fight after school "violence" you are part of the problem and have already been brainwashed.
At my high school if you didn't stand up for yourself you were going to be doing a lot of running, I don't like running."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappasue View Post

You wanna pull resumes into this? Okay. I wouldn't know what I am talking about concerning this issue. I only hold two Bachelor's degrees (BS in Journalism, Minor in History) and taught English Language Arts and Social Studies (Bachelor's in Education, earned it while teaching with a non-tax in charter and Catholic schools) in the inner city. I am certified to teach 4-9th grade and taught for 5 years in the inner city (5-8 grade). Before that time, I wrote for a daily newspaper, have had many articles hit the AP wire and was nominated for a press award while I was still a college student. I mention that last bit because I can say more than you would ever want to know about the state of journalism in this country and my dissolution with the rise of "pundit news." Those are the talking points you keep quoting. I hear the same garbage spewed by ilk like Limbaugh and Savage.

John Wayne in "Shootist"
Old 07-12-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlucas0311 View Post
This might be the most awesomely over dramatized thread I've ever had the pleasure reading on this forum. LoL! All over some clapped out overpriced carbines. I went in an hour or two before they closed today, there were still 5 or 6 rough IHC's and 2 SA Field grades. The field grades were decent, but the barrels were pretty worn.
You're right. I apologize. My fingers fly when the bottle opener does and today I cracked a nice batch of IPA's a friend gave me and some Camacho cigars I have been saving.
--UUU---(iii)---UUU--
Old 07-12-2015, 08:22 PM

No worries! It's easy to get side tracked, I do all the time. After reading the whole thread you'd think there was a scrum at the door or something, I assure you it was anything but.