Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > 3-Position Air Rifle
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2010, 11:43 AM

Default Aluminum stocks

Anyone have any experience with the high end rifles with the aluminum stocks? (Ans 9003, FWB 700, Walt 300). In general, what can you expect your scores to do (how much) once you make the switch from the lower end equipment (like the FWB 300 s) to the high end stuff?

Or is this just marketing hype?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Forum Webmaster

I think the aluminum stocks have more *bling* value than they do anything else. I shot a laminated FWB P70J throughout college. yes, the junior model. I feel that if you "think" you will shoot higher scores with a "better" stock, more often then not, you will... but most of the time, it has to do with that thing in between our ears.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:38 PM

Agree with the "Ghost".
However, I also see that this initial "bump" in scores tends to begin to dissipate when the shooter begins to tweak all those adjustments that are available on the ALU stocks.

This is one of the "bad" things on those stocks ... too many knobs to play with instead of getting back to the fundamentals. Set it and untill they start growing again, or the coach see's something they'd like to fix (head cranked over, eye not ligned up with sights), just concentrate on the shot plan.

yeah ... they look cool with the new rifle, but looks ain't 10's