Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 08:46 PM

I got my 1911 today, Ithaca 1911, flannery barrel looks to be all original, however I am no expert. I was offered rack, field and service grade. For the money you would be silly not to spend the extra bucks for the service grade. Thank you CMP!
Old 11-01-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandhunter31 View Post
Quite frankly, "IF" CMP is doing this, i don't blame them...... considering all the B.S. they deal with and the politics involved, it might be easier to avoid any high profile announcements...... i work for the government in a law enforcement department and we intentionally keep a low profile....... anytime we are in the news, its never a good thing!!!
I've suspected this but didn't want to start anything by posting it. My tinfoil hat is heavy enough as it is... My number is 17K so I'm still at least a year away...
Old 11-05-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moammo6 View Post
"OPSEC"---In my couple of decades in the service, it was called OPSEC (Operational Security). Don't talk about your situation or position, or give away any info that might give insights or useful info to your adversaries. I think CMP should be big on OPSEC regarding any M1911 releases.
Kind of like using a turn signal in Boston ... gives the other guy useful intel!
Old 11-05-2019, 08:57 PM

What do we win if we guess the correct number???
Old 11-05-2019, 11:21 PM

I saw a post on Facebook in the CMP group from a guy who got his choice of Service/Field and claimed he was #10,014
Old 11-06-2019, 06:55 PM

I got the call to day was offered field grade or rack grade I took a field grade asked that he could be one it had sharp markings. She said she do what she could. My number was or is 10064.
Ayers Kaserne, Fulda Gap
& Ft. Riley
100% Service-Connected Disabled Veteran
Just another Cold war Warrior too!

Last edited by frank60586; 11-07-2019 at 02:41 AM.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandhunter31 View Post
Quite frankly, "IF" CMP is doing this, i don't blame them...... considering all the B.S. they deal with and the politics involved, it might be easier to avoid any high profile announcements...... i work for the government in a law enforcement department and we intentionally keep a low profile....... anytime we are in the news, its never a good thing!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd9x19 View Post
Me either. After seeing some of the whining from grown men over the last year or so, I wouldn't blame the CMP one bit for just bringing in the second shipment (if they got one) and just moving things along quietly to avoid a flurry or emails and repetitive posts and the beating of a herd of horses long since dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moammo6 View Post
"OPSEC"---In my couple of decades in the service, it was called OPSEC (Operational Security). Don't talk about your situation or position, or give away any info that might give insights or useful info to your adversaries. I think CMP should be big on OPSEC regarding any M1911 releases.
^^^
ALL these guys get it, and tie for post of the year.
Nothing more needs to be said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
Announcing the receipt of a second batch is truly not harming things. If anything it would be CMP keeping their word that they said they would do so.
No such word was given....see above, and below...
http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.ph...4&postcount=56

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Closed Thread