Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2014, 11:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway
Default North Store Report???

Anyone been to the store in the last couple days? Anything new to report?
Old 05-24-2014, 08:22 AM

Interested also, looks like next Friday, I'll be close enough to justify a stop.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:42 PM

If I wasn't working I might have made the trip just to see...
Old 05-24-2014, 03:38 PM

Stopped in around 10:30 this morning. Store was fairly busy. Nothing new. Surprised at the number of M1Ds going out the door with people buying their first Garand. I guess they figured they needed to buy something and not waste a trip. Did see a 5 digit M1D in the 50000 series....Greek Black and appeared to have a lot of pitting under the park. Jim and Bob always a pleasure to talk to.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:44 AM

When all the standard M1's are gone the snipers will fly off the shelf's and there is not to many of those to be had in limited numbers already.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:08 PM

Anybody go in today?
Old 05-29-2014, 03:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Yea, was there today. It appears that a new truck came in and had a few new items. New on the racks today was some HRA Specials and some .308 Specials along with 4 HRA Rack Grades @ $475 and these are the first Rack Grades I have seen in the store other than the snipers. Other than these I saw nothing that hasn't been there for awhile.
On a side note the computer system was on the fritz today and could not do any back ground checks or credit card payments so when I left at 10:30 people were waiting for the system to come back up. Might want to call if you plan on going.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:10 PM

Was there at 2:30pm 5/29. Saw no rack grade HRA's, those must have gone quick. Quite a few HRA 308 specials, one SA special. Lots of C's and D's
Old 06-01-2014, 08:40 AM

Any reports from Friday or Saturday?

"High average velocity, with accompanying flat trajectory, is desirable, but no trajectory can ever be flat enough to compensate for bad marksmanship" - Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

“I have never understood why it is ‘greed’ to want to keep the money you’ve earned, but not greed to want to want to take somebody else’s money.” ~~Thomas Sowell
Old 03-18-2017, 10:38 PM

I bought my 6.09 Mil today as a birthday present to myself, since tomorrow is my birthday! I believe the SA receiver was made in 1957, which I like, because that's year I was born. The price was $1,200 plus tax.

They still had about one rack pretty much full on both sides, but mine was the only one with a barrel that measured 0 ME and 1 TE. The rifle has a very late Springfield barrel (March 1967), so it may be an excellent shooter. If it is, it will replace my June 1944 M1 at the JCM this Summer. NOTE: There were several others there with a 1 or 1+ ME and a 1 or 2 TE with GI stocks. Some of the stocks were pretty good, others were a little worn but I didn't see any that were bad.

I just disassembled mine tonight and found that it's a mix of Springfield and IHC parts but mostly SA and quite a few are of the parts are WWII vintage, including the IHC Op Rod. All of the parts seem to be in great condition. The barrel and the gas cylinder look pristine and fortunately, I just happen to have an unused and correct SA bolt, that I purchased at Camp Perry last July during the JCM Matches. I wish it would have come with a GI stock but I settled for a new CMP one, because I couldn't pass up the pristine SA March of 67 barrel on this rifle. The only disappointment is that I detected a hairline crack in the gas plug, so I'll be in touch with the CMP about a replacement next week.

I've never been to the store this time of year but it was great. When my brother and I walked in there was only one other customer and by the time we left, only 4 more customers showed up. There was absolutely zero wait time! No long lines like you see in the Summer.

They also had two racks of CMP Specials with new Criterion Barrels and new CMP Stocks for $830. My brother and I, and a couple of other customers, also drooled over the rack of Collector Grade and Correct rifles. As I recall each type pretty much filled up one side of one rack. Also spotted a Drill Rifle M1 for $380 that has an NM OP Rod, and wondered what value is still left in usable parts on that rifle.