Wednesday December 28 0 0%
Thursday December 29 0 0%
Friday December 30 0 0%
Saturday December 31 0 0%
Sunday January 1 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2016, 11:20 AM

Default CMP "Battle of the Bulge" match @ Monroe Rifle & Pistol Club - December

Monroe Rifle & Pistol Club will be hosting a CMP registered GSM match at the end of December. This will be a Garand Course A match (35 shots) open to only as-issued compliant rifles per CMP Games rule book section 4.2 (No modern military rifles). Garands available for loan from MRPC. Commercially reloaded ammo suitable for borrowed Garands available for purchase.

This match will be held between Christmas and New Years in the tradition of the height of this historical battle. I will run 2 relays. You may shoot twice as space allows.

I have created a poll to assist myself in scheduling for the best day. Regardless of day, squadding will begin at 9 with firing to begin at 10. This match will happen unless there is A) an ice storm or B) the roads are impassible. We suffer as our forefathers suffered.

Feedback appreciated.
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
Old 11-13-2016, 06:42 AM

I'm reluctant to chime in as I might not be able to get there, regardless, though I would love to join you folks again. Christmas itself is bad, and the 26 because traditionally I attend another match on that day. We do a local Bastogne 8 round commemorative on Christmas Eve at dusk.

Jess
Old 11-20-2016, 12:47 PM

I will be scheduling this match for Saturday 12/31/2016. Squadding will begin at 9 am and safety briefing at 10 am. This will be a course B match, 50 shots and 5 sighters @ 200 yards on SR target. Yes we will shoot sitting rapid so get limbered up. I will have framed awards for 1st - 3rd places + achievement pins for cut scores.

This is going to be a blast and a great way to wrap up 2016. I will have hot coffee and donuts for match participants in the morning as part of your match fee. Fee will be $20 per match, you may fire up to 2 matches as space allows. Awards given after completion of second relay (match end). Reentry matches not eligible for 1st - 3rd place awards.

Loaner rifles mats, gloves and web slings available. Commercially reloaded garand safe ammo available for purchase (must be used for loaner rifles to ensure safety).

The clubhouse has heat!

Match will happen unless A) roads are impassible B) Ice storm makes travel impractible or C) ambient temp + windchill makes it colder than -10 F.

Last edited by Rootsy; 11-20-2016 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:27 PM

Match Program

MATCH PROGRAM HERE
Old 11-22-2016, 10:30 PM

Chili has been added to the menu for lunch... I make a a damn fine chili if I do say so myself. If this doesn't motivate you then I don't know what will!
Old 11-24-2016, 09:16 PM

As additional prizes for this match the following will be awarded...

1. Top score by an Ohio resident shooter will receive a 1 year ORPA membership.
2. Top score by a Michigan resident will receive 1 box of 30-06 Garand Match ammunition courtesy of Jack Abrams of Loader Monkey LLC.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:44 PM

Getting some pre-registrations coming in and quite a few on the fence. If you are sure you are coming barring bad weather please let me know and I will pre-squad you.

I will not turn anyone away, even if that means I have to add a 3rd relay. You will just have to hang out and fill up on chili and donuts.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:20 PM

If I can somehow finagale the 31st off I will join you. I will see who else I can bring along.

rifle guy @ LSC
Old 12-13-2016, 09:24 PM

So it has become a competition within a competition as Mr. Abrams believes he can out cook me when it comes to chili.

I say bring it on my friend! Let our peers decide.

Additionally, I will award by luck of the draw a 50 count box of Creedmoor 30-06 Lapua match ammunition. Each relay & FP gets an entry. Fire two matches (space allowing of course) and you get two entries with your match fees.

First relay is more than 1/2 full with pre-registrations. Let me know if you are going to come (barring bad weather). And I will pre-squad you. I will not turn anyone away and re-entries will be available first come first serve on non-full relays only. I will run 3 relays if I have to due to participant request / need.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:09 AM

There are 5 spots open on first relay that are not RSVP. Weather is looking nice @ 40 and partly sunny.