Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick View Post
Incomplete apps, missed calls and those who decided for whatever reason they did not want one...
I suspect that a not small number send in packets for their extended family, just to nudge the odds of getting one. Then not accepting the rest if/when offered.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by microwaveguy View Post
Well 1000 could be explained by the theory that the RNG's starting at 1001. The rest is all speculation , BUT I know of one guy that passed since turning in his package . I know of one guy on the board that got a call after purchasing one on the auction site. Then the usual ones where 1) no money when called , 2)failed background check 3) didn't call back when they did get a phone call 4) really wanted a service grade and only rack grade where available. I am sure there are more reasons but these come off the top of the head.

Only the CMP knows for sure and we don't have a high enough clearance to know that information.
^^^^this. I'd say the first number assigned was 1000 or 1001. At 9446 and receiving a 'not this year's email from CMP, I assumed I'd have lots of options being so early in round two. I was shocked to get called and shocked to still have a service grade option. Curious I suppose but just dang happy to have mine
Old 10-29-2019, 09:32 PM

My guess it will stop in the low 10000's
Old 10-29-2019, 10:47 PM

I am actually surprised that there has not been an official statement released by now based upon what many heard in person last month. Maybe it is out and I just have not seen it.

I can quote what COO Mark Johnson stated when addressing the GCA Convention members at the Springfield Armory National Historic Site last month. When asked about the CMP1911 allocations he said "that if your RGN is below 16K then you are looking really good. Really good!"

While he would neither confirm nor deny that the second allocation had indeed arrived, I myself and many others in attendance fully understood what he was saying. Anotherwards 8K + 8K = 16K and a lot more happy folks.

Hearsay or speculation? Time will tell pretty soon I suppose, but I can report that I am one of those happy folks as of today. My 9894 # got the call and shipped as well today.

Grateful to have been part of the CMP1911 program and thankful to all the CMP Employees who have made it happen. It's been Fun!

Best regards to all higher numbers as I believe there is good news to report - Ed
Old 10-29-2019, 11:12 PM

10,999. Yep, that's the final number for round one.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacwa View Post
I second that I'm 11128
At 11106, I'm ok with that also
Old 10-30-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck_hunter50 View Post
I'm sure #1 is people didn't have the money when they were contacted so they declined. #2 I'm sure is the contacted person didn't respond to email or voicemail soon enough.

Other possible reasons: weren't offered the grade they had their hearts set on so they declined (I likely would have declined a rack-only option), returned the gun as they weren't satisfied with what they received, 8000 guns were actually 8,499 and the press release rounded down, hubby passed on the second order as the wife got one, duplicate aps that all got an RNG before being discovered/weeded out, some sort of death blow in their packet 'missing too much', death of applicant, couldn't pass the background check, RNG probably started at 1000, and lastly LIFE might've simply gotten in the way for many.

Add all of that up, and it doesn't surprise me they're approaching RNG 10,000.
Bingo. The nice lady on the phone with me said a lot balked at the offer of the price originally stated, or their paperwork wasn't in order, or they didn't have the correct contact info.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayCreekRng View Post
I am actually surprised that there has not been an official statement released by now based upon what many heard in person last month. Maybe it is out and I just have not seen it.

I can quote what COO Mark Johnson stated when addressing the GCA Convention members at the Springfield Armory National Historic Site last month. When asked about the CMP1911 allocations he said "that if your RGN is below 16K then you are looking really good. Really good!"

While he would neither confirm nor deny that the second allocation had indeed arrived, I myself and many others in attendance fully understood what he was saying. Anotherwards 8K + 8K = 16K and a lot more happy folks.

Hearsay or speculation? Time will tell pretty soon I suppose, but I can report that I am one of those happy folks as of today. My 9894 # got the call and shipped as well today.

Grateful to have been part of the CMP1911 program and thankful to all the CMP Employees who have made it happen. It's been Fun!

Best regards to all higher numbers as I believe there is good news to report - Ed
Thanks Ed for the info and good news.....
Old 10-30-2019, 08:10 AM

Woooohooo I got a call this morning and my service grade has been ordered my number was 9959.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:31 AM

CMP call at 1000 this morning. #9908 and offered the three grades. I chose Service. Requested Colt/Colt or Ithaca/Ithaca. Unable to promise which/what and I totally understand. Just delighted that I will have one TOMORROW!
I did ask how it looked for release of more pistols and no information available...yet.
We are hoping.
Kimberly took my information and she was a delight to talk with-for obvious reasons.
Thanks CMP.
Closed Thread