Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 04:39 PM

Im sure it does.... PO's me when a few bad apple spoil it for everyone else!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:43 PM

that's exactly why the metal detector scans you on the way OUT, not in...
Old 01-11-2011, 07:24 PM

Never had anything but a good time at the North store, even when i had to wait in line to get first crack at some SG rifles during the CMP matches it turned out i was the guy with two rifles in my hand at once but they never went back in the rack , they went home with me then i went back and got one more was fun while it lasted but ran out of money
Old 01-11-2011, 09:14 PM

Sounds like my experience isn't much in comaprison to what some have experienced. Been going to the North Store for 6-7 years now.

Oh well
Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Darthnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
All I can say is, these are the kind of jerks who mess it up for everybody. Sooner, or later, one of these guys will play with the wrong person and get a good old fashioned "bar fight"going.
Of course I don't have to worry about that. Due to health issues, I can't travel to either store.
i haven't been to either store, but I'm 4 hours from the NS. If there's going to "bar fight" that'll be the day I go I'm. If I see a bnuch of guys with a pile of rifles laying up against the racks guarding them, i'll have no problem wpicking thru them as well as the ones on the rack. You have 2 hands, and a rifel in each would be reasonable. If you're hand isn't on it and its out by the rakes, it should be fair game. There are proper ways to reserve them behind the counter from what I understand.
I could see the Op's issue being a failed attempt at a joke from the guy, I've done that stuff myself. Like going to a buffet and seeing a little old lady beside you grab a piece of cake and saying "oh thats the one I wanted" while smiling at her of course. Now that would be a joke. If it was the other end of the spectrum where the guy came up and was seriously saying he wanted that rifle, my response would have been something along the lines of "well it in my hands aint it, probably should have grabbed it the first time you looked at it? If you really want it I can sell it to you in the parking lot here in a bit."
I'm usually not a rude person, but there's so many rude people in the world sometimes you just have to give them some of their own medicine. Even if its just trying to make the guy think before he does it to the wrong person one day and ends up getting hurt or worse.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:43 AM

My few experiences with the North Shore have always been great. Got to talk to vets (always interesting), some folks there mill around to help those that are overwhelmed by the selection, all sorts of good things going on. It is real easy to pic out a rifle, put a tag on it and give it to the counter folks to hold for you. Yes, there is definitely a protocol for putting a rifle on hold.

If I picked up a rifle on the racks and someone came by and said it was theirs, I would look it over and judge for myslef whether or not I wanted to keep it- my choice.

Orlando (member here) actually met me there on my first trip to help me pick out my first garand- taught me a ton and went way above anything I was hoping for (thanks again for that). Really good guys both here and at the stores.

Don't even get me started on the staff- best crew of folks in retail anywhere. Suppose I'm talking myself into another road trip.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:00 AM

Oh, he actually took the rifle that I handed to him to the counter and tried to buy it, but had a problem with background check.

So, no joking or chit chat was going on when he told me that he wanted it.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:05 PM

I live too far away from the stores, no chance I'll ever get to one of them.........
Old 01-13-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondog View Post
I live too far away from the stores, no chance I'll ever get to one of them.........

I never have to fight FedEx for my rifle,...sounds like a real treat at the stores. LOL....
Old 01-13-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondog View Post
Flying is not an option?