Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2017, 11:28 AM

Default When ignorance provides bliss...

I won a 03A3 from the CMP auction, setting my reserve really high because I was tired or looking for one I liked and losing out at the last minute. And so I paid a pretty penny for it, but I am happy with the price. The money alone isn't the problem, the wife mixed with the money is, and so I was worried about the conversation when she would first see the rifle.

I was going through it when she got home, and readied myself. She looked at it, and her first question is "what are you doing to that Garand?"

As a good and devoted husband of 20 years, my #1 goal is to make sure my wife is happy. And so as a good husband, I replied "just making sure its ready to go to the ranch this weekend".

She said "ok, let's figure out dinner when you are done", and off she went.

Last edited by CounterMeasure; 11-03-2017 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:16 PM

Well played, sir!
Old 11-03-2017, 12:20 PM

Never make the wife look like a fool. You did well.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:53 PM

Just being a Texan has always been one step ahead of our Wonderful Brides . Congrats CM .
Old 11-03-2017, 09:47 PM

Now try for a Krag.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:52 PM

I am very fortunate. My wife encourages me to buy more firearms and ammo. She has seen the profits from the sales I have made. And don't flame me, I have only sold one CMP firearm.

My wife has her own Garand and also has a CCP.
Click Here For My Feedback

In honor of my father, Howard C. Ricks. Corporal, Co. E, 2nd Battalion, 20th Marine Engineers, 4th Marine Division. Later renamed Co. B, 4th Pioneer Battalion after Marianna Operation. Service dates February 1943 to October 31, 1945, Combat action: Roi-Namur, Saipan, Tinian and Iwo Jima. His rifle SA 893999 met "Captain Crunch".
http://wwiimemorial.com/Registry/pla...oreeID=1841138
Old 11-03-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doco Overboard View Post
Now try for a Krag.
Nope, not pressing my luck after this one. And she's Puerto Rican, so there is a major downside of "angry boricua" if she figures it out.

My son came home from college for the weekend this evening, saw the 03A3 and explained "Oh! a 1903!". He's a deputy flight commander in AFROTC, and recognized it from the unit's color guard rifles. I explained to him while momma is around, its an existing Garand, and if he wanted the chance to inherit it, he needs to remember that. He said he'd like a nice quiet weekend, so he's going with it.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigman2 View Post
I am very fortunate. My wife encourages me to buy more firearms and ammo. She has seen the profits from the sales I have made. And don't flame me, I have only sold one CMP firearm.

My wife has her own Garand and also has a CCP.
My wife also has a permit, and several firearms, but they are all "new" models. Firearms like a Beratta A400, Glock 19, AR-15 and so forth. She's actually enjoyed shooting my .50AE Desert Eagle. If it has wood on it anywhere, she does not want anything to do with it, which is why I think this slipped in under the radar without a second glance.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterMeasure View Post
Nope, not pressing my luck after this one. And she's Puerto Rican, so there is a major downside of "angry boricua" if she figures it out.

My son came home from college for the weekend this evening, saw the 03A3 and explained "Oh! a 1903!". He's a deputy flight commander in AFROTC, and recognized it from the unit's color guard rifles. I explained to him while momma is around, its an existing Garand, and if he wanted the chance to inherit it, he needs to remember that. He said he'd like a nice quiet weekend, so he's going with it.
LOL!!! An angry "boricua" lady is worse than a banzai charge while being disarmed. The only way to survive is to flee the fight, and there's no way to win it.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:20 AM

I bought a Mosin a few years back. When my wife saw it, she asked “Where’d you get that gun?” I said, “This? This is an old gun.” She was happy with that answer, and I didn’t lie to her. Technically, it is an old gun.