Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2019, 01:22 PM

Default Store Purchasing Questions

I am across the country from the south store but am interested in one of their 1903's.

If I call there will they talk to me about 1903 rifles in stock via phone, and then allow me to purchase one, and then ship it to me?

I know you cannot just order them like you can M-1 Garands and get luck of the draw, but I am looking for some specific things and would love to purchase one right from the CMP.

Not sure how else I could go about it aside from that, unless there is someone willing to help me by finding and buying one, and then having it shipped to my FFL? But then it would I guess count against someone else's allowable number for the year?

Just wondering if any of that is even possible. I didn't see that scenario noted on their site. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2019, 01:35 PM

Nope, neither scenario is possible. Well, I guess your second scenario is possible- for them to buy it themselves, then transfer to you- but it is supposed to be against the rules (using a purchasing agent).

You can fly to the store (hoping they have them in stock for that day), and they will ship it if you show them your plane ticket. That's about the best you can do.

Last edited by Jakeroub; 09-17-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:39 PM

OK, thanks! Wasn't sure, makes sense tho.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:01 PM

If you have certain things you are looking for, you are probably best off posting a WTB ad on this forum. That way you can get exactly what you want without leaving your living room, and aren't limited to what might happen to be out on the store floor at the time.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:02 PM

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeroub View Post
If you have certain things you are looking for, you are probably best off posting a WTB ad on this forum. That way you can get exactly what you want without leaving your living room, and aren't limited to what might happen to be out on the store floor at the time.
^^^^^FOR SURE^^^^
Old 09-17-2019, 05:31 PM

If you're interested in learning about Garands nothing replaces going to the store and looking at them hands on. When I make the trip I'm usually there 3-4 hours doing nothing but taking rifles to the counter and removing the stock to see what kind of goodies lie within.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:54 AM

Thanks for the help all, much appreciated. Ronwall - I agree and would love to make the trip but just probably won’t be able to for a while. Someday I hope to!!