Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2019, 10:43 AM

They hard out with their buddies and complain about those of us who go to shows and never buy anything from them?
Shows in the upper mid-west and in the SE are the same.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:43 PM

This is nothing new . . .

Many years ago, I was at the Glastonbury, Ct., gun show(at the high school, remember?)
“Hanging around the water cooler” were a few dealers, all complaining about us “cheapskates, not buying anything.”
As I was walking by, I mentioned that when it came time for me to buy, I would wait ‘til they all got back to their shops and during their regular hours, I would pay them a visit and buy the very same stuff they had on their tables, at their much lower “regular” prices in their shops!
Why they jacked-up the prices at the weekend gun shows is beyond me!
I thought they wanted to actually SELL their stuff!
Old 09-25-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGW006 View Post
I haven't seen good deals on gun show tables in years. And I haven't seen people buying firearms from dealers' tables in years either. I don't know why the same dealers seem to be at the same shows, paying for the same tables, and bringing out the same inventory, and (from my observations) selling very little. Maybe they have nothing better to do with their weekends?
The reason dealers, grandma robbers who run pawn shops, and some collector/correctors take guns to gun shows is so that on the set up evening/night before the “show” they can tour everyone else’s tables and cherry pick what they wish to collect or resell.

What you see the next day at the opening bell has ALREADY been picked over the night before. That good stuff is never brought back into the show for Bubba Public to drool over.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:06 PM

Oh I remember working the Glastonbury Ct. show. Just outside of Hartford in the high school gym. It was a decent show with just about anything one would want for shooting. But the last hour of the show is when I would find things I needed for my own use or to sell at the shop although many dealers had already left by then. That was a long time ago when times were different but good memories.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:21 PM

Good service grade carbines are selling for more dollar than service grade garands for sure! Even though more carbines were made there used up and dryed up. With no importing or lend lease to return. The Korean carbines were bought not lend lease. If century ever gets approval for import they will have big bill board needle marked recs. Import marked and illegal to take it off. No collector value!!
Old 10-02-2019, 05:02 PM

Here is an ad just listed on a firearms sales forum:
Iver Johnson SS M1 Carbine 100% Stainless RARE $999
Somebody may even pay that.