Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2018, 07:29 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
Indeed. ESPECIALLY when they have the non-included USGI parts on hand.
"Partial Kits" is what they should call them.

I should take all of the individual parts I have on the marketplace and pair them into 2 or 3 parts and call them "parts kits" and see how it goes over.

edit: Seriously have to laugh when in their "parts kits" they do not even include all of the rear sight parts. Is LRB under new management/ownership or something?
No reason you cant do that.
Thier parts kits are made up of parts they want or have to offer.
Dupage kits where shy of bolt and barrel, CMP does not even sell M1 op rods. Fun stuff
Old 09-19-2018, 02:54 PM

For those that are interested, I did purchase one of the kits and it came today. The stock is fiberglass with the rubber butt plate, and the marked parts are H&R. The spline on the trigger guard is a little beat, but the op rod pad is in good shape. Most parts have a good amount of finish remaining but the flash hider had next to none. The condition of the parts was basically about the same as those in my two DuPage kits.
However, to be fair I spoke to Lou in advance of the parts kit being sent to discuss my concerns about usability as received. And there were some issues with some small pins and the lock screw broken, damaged or missing.

For those considering a purchase, Windy City has a 10% off coupon in effect right now, so consider buying the LRB kit and getting the missing parts from Windy City.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:13 PM

I just got one today. Maybe I did well. Flash hider in good+ with almost all original finish. Trigger group all HRA, original finish, and very good condition. Op rod HRA, good tab, original finish. With the exception of the pins all smalls are very good +. Stock is birch with a DAS stamp. To me the trigger group and op rod were worth the price and everything else was gravy.