Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smal View Post
Ahh that's awesome I thought with the integrated scope mounts I was going to lose my Iron sight capability, That's what my concern was over that one but its a see-thru Iron sight under the rail? If that's the case I think I'll be getting that one right there but I'll still look at what they have but that's what I'm looking for,, Good Input thank you very much! It's nice to be able to talk about something and not have so much negativity around or berateing people etc,I appreciate it and the pics!

Here is a "borrowed" picture with a better view of the rail. The DMR is my absolute favorite bench rifle. If you want to use the irons with a scope mounted, you're probably limited to about 200 yds, depending on your scope bell size.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smal View Post
nf1e ,I have seen pics of your M1A,s and their beautiful rifles you have, but I don't think you have enough you should get a few more! lol I saw the picture you had of them all laid out on a day and that's a phenomenal collection, I'm sure its taken you a few years to put that together.
Well, its almost doubled since the photo you are talking about.
Since I retired I have more time on my hands for shooting and putting rifles together. Love the hobby.
The rail on the M21 DMR is easily removable if you don't like it there when using irons. Held in place with a couple of machine screws. The rail has nice tight fitting receptor machined into the receiver.
Most of my new builds are using the XM21 which has the rail machined as part of the receiver and no facilities for irons.

Rgr Rgr on the negativity.
RVN 67-68
Old 08-20-2018, 12:57 PM

Bula very,very good !
Old 08-20-2018, 10:21 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB View Post
Here is a "borrowed" picture with a better view of the rail. The DMR is my absolute favorite bench rifle. If you want to use the irons with a scope mounted, you're probably limited to about 200 yds, depending on your scope bell size.

What no 1/2 moa hood.....pos
I kid see i like that set up but im not going to scope my build at all.
I grew up around folks that said a M1a was a solution to a non problem, F'd over reworked M1, about as accurate as a granade launcher with out the effect.
Heck im looking for 3moa to try and hit the 10 ring. X's only come from missing the 10 ring.
Should be fun. Pretty much done with my build and time to load up some test ammo. Running with some PPU 168s and H4895 or Varget , which ever is at the front of tbe shelf in the cabinet.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:51 AM

First 36 rnds out of a brand new barrel at 100 yds on a recent M14 build at my place. The 3- 2rd groups marked 1-2-3 were the first sighters, then 3-10 rnd groups. 1. lower right 2. upper left and 3. lower left. Using M118 LR. This is a Bula Defense Systems XM21 version #1 receiver so no iron sights. Building this up as a target rifle only, not standard M14 configuration by any means. Final will be installed in a JAE chassis for easy sub min 10 rnd grp accuracy.

RVN 67-68

Last edited by nf1e; 08-21-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
Well, its almost doubled since the photo you are talking about.
Since I retired I have more time on my hands for shooting and putting rifles together. Love the hobby.
The rail on the M21 DMR is easily removable if you don't like it there when using irons. Held in place with a couple of machine screws. The rail has nice tight fitting receptor machined into the receiver.
Most of my new builds are using the XM21 which has the rail machined as part of the receiver and no facilities for irons.

Rgr Rgr on the negativity.
Now that will work perfectly thank you very much! Gotta love options! I'll be picking me one up for sure, But may have to wait a month now just inked a deal to fix my Hurricane damaged roof and a whole home remodel got a great deal I could not pass up on that for now,But next month will be here before ya know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
First 36 rnds out of a brand new barrel at 100 yds on a recent M14 build at my place. The 3- 2rd groups marked 1-2-3 were the first sighters, then 3-10 rnd groups. 1. lower right 2. upper left and 3. lower left. Using M118 LR. This is a Bula Defense Systems XM21 version #1 receiver so no iron sights. Building this up as a target rifle only, not standard M14 configuration by any means. Final will be installed in a JAE chassis for easy sub min 10 rnd grp accuracy.

Wow nice shooting Tex, geesh awesome looking paper there!

Last edited by Big_Red; 08-23-2018 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Unable to grasp concept of multi-quote button
Old 09-12-2018, 02:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandofM1 View Post
Bula very,very good !
I didn't think so....
Old 09-12-2018, 11:49 AM

Same Bula Defense Systems rifle as above set in a JAE chassis.

10 rnd groups shot at 100yds using DAG berdan brass , Tula primers and 136 gr FB projectiles over 41.4 gr of Varget. Max spread .73 average about .5.

RVN 67-68

Last edited by nf1e; 09-12-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:15 PM

Another week and I will be back home to enjoy shooting again.
Till then.
Aloha

RVN 67-68