X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigRed
    • Oct 2009

EMcF Question

So I've read on other posts that some EMcF cartouches are considered "early EMcFs" and other "late EMcFs."

Can someone explain how you can tell the difference between an early & late EMcF?
  • col b
    • Feb 2010

Early EMcFs have a "scooped" clip latch cut out and the late ones have a "squared" cut out.

Comment

• stu929
      • Jan 2012

Also the size of the cross cannons changed did they not?

Comment

• SEANinMICH
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by stu929 View Post
        Also the size of the cross cannons changed did they not?
        yes. some early ones had the large ordnance wheel.

Comment

• Rick B
          • Oct 2009

Large ordnance wheel came on any of them and any of the NFR's and GAW's but not to common.

The Tapered clip latch was early but the cartouches are the same if that is what you were talking about. Rick b

Comment

• BigRed
            • Oct 2009

thanks

thank you gentlemen.
            I have the chance to pick up one from a local shop & was not sure how to tell the difference. I'll look for the scoop vs square cut out.

Comment

• jaguar88xj6
              • Jun 2011

Does anyone have a picture of the two? I'm not sure what the difference is.

Comment

• surplusshooter
                • Dec 2009

Which EMcF stock would be correct for a Nov. 1942 SA ser. # 977,XXX ?

Comment

• jaguar88xj6
                  • Jun 2011

Thanks

Comment

• Ed49
                    • Feb 2010

977xxx should have the scooped clip latch cut out. No small wheel on the bottom of the pistol grip.

BigRed, what is the serial number of the rifle you're looking at?

Comment

• Rick B
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by surplusshooter View Post
                      Which EMcF stock would be correct for a Nov. 1942 SA ser. # 977,XXX ?
                      Tapered clip latch should be on that serial and no cannons as I see Ed49 posted. I missed it on the next page sorry. Rick B

Comment

• BigRed
                        • Oct 2009

not a rifle

I am not looking at a rifle. There is a shop in town with just an EMcF stock. From what i can tell from the sales pages, ebay, & gunbroker, an early EMcF goes for maybe $275-$300 where the later ones go for $200-$250 with a margin of error for condition.

This one has a nice, legitimate cartouch & a small ordnance wheel just to the right of the EMcF.

I don't know if the scoop is there or not AND i didn't know to look for a small ordnance wheel on the bottop of the pistol grip. More to come after i make time to see it again tomorrow or Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                        X