Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2019, 09:04 PM

Yes, I saw that. Seemed to be a sizable discrepancy based on different piles going to different order takers. Must be big piles. Their process is what it is I guess, but still strikes me as potentially inequitable.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat captain View Post
Yes, I saw that. Seemed to be a sizable discrepancy based on different piles going to different order takers. Must be big piles. Their process is what it is I guess, but still strikes me as potentially inequitable.
If CMP revised their process (as in add labor to make changes, and as a result, this new "system" may be less efficient) in order to ensure they make calls in the exact RNG order does that make anything better?
If yes, define that "better".
Remember, all expectations were for 50,000-75,000 applications for the 1st year.

Inequitable? Well, that simply depends on your point of view. CMP has explained the process (created out of thin air, and updated as they grow the process). They have been transparent, more so than what would be considered "fair" by most. But it is a human run process dealing with thousands of variables (did you hand write your application or complete online, what supporting documents were used, what items have expired/changed since you sent them in....?). And most importantly, they have a limited number of unique pistols. Some will receive pistols desired by others, and vice versa.
But these have all been explained in advance and beat to death on these forums.

As said in a few other threads CMP will happily remove your packet from processing at any time, and you my decline to purchase when they call of course.

CMP has no duty to be "fair", nor do they have any duty to abide by the definition of "fair" that one of us thinks up.

The did outline the process before accepting applications, they have made reasonable (my opinion, others may vary) updates as they mature the process. So far they are delivering pistols sooner than I (based on my reading and evaluating information) expected. The pistols I have seen in photos are generally in much better condition than I expected, again, based on my reading and evaluation. Should they start shipping junk I will be prepared to back out. And if so, I will be out 2 stamps and however long I spent on the application packet. And I'll have $1175 in my pocket form my next visit to the CMP south store.

It is what it is; and there are certainly other places to get a USGI surplus 1911. Vote with your wallet.

JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 01-04-2019, 09:52 AM

1. Some people are being placed on NICs delay and when that happens we move to the next number on the list. If the person does not come off delay after 30 days, we notify the customer of their status. There are multiple reasons why it seems people are called / receive pistols out of order.
But in realallity they are not.

2. We are letting everyone know that it could be up to 90 days before your credit card is charged. Once charged we send the person an email that the pistol has been shipped and to let their FFL know to expect the pistol the next day. We only ship Monday - Thursday, so if your card is charged late Thursday or Friday it will not ship until Monday(we do not ship on holidays).

3. Before calling demanding to know where your pistol is after your card was charged a month ago, CHECK WITH YOUR FFL. you can not believe the number of people that never checks with their FFL. One customer called raising heck (or tried to) because his card was charged on Nov. 1 and he had not received his pistol (this was on 3 Jan), the pistol had been sitting at their FFL awaiting pick up. The FFL had left messages on voice mail and told the guy's wife it was there.

As one of my great mentors said "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID"

Last edited by cmp1911admin; 01-04-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:11 PM

Everyone that submitted a packet to CMP1911 should make a New Years resolution..."Be kind and patient with CMP1911" I am.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
1. Some people are being placed on NICs delay and when that happens we move to the next number on the list. If the person does not come off delay after 30 days, we notify the customer of their status. There are multiple reasons why it seems people are called / receive pistols out of order.
But in realallity they are not.

2. We are letting everyone know that it could be up to 90 days before your credit card is charged. Once charged we send the person an email that the pistol has been shipped and to let their FFL know to expect the pistol the next day. We only ship Monday - Thursday, so if your card is charged late Thursday or Friday it will not ship until Monday(we do not ship on holidays).

3. Before calling demanding to know where your pistol is after your card was charged a month ago, CHECK WITH YOUR FFL. you can not believe the number of people that never checks with their FFL. One customer called raising heck (or tried to) because his card was charged on Nov. 1 and he had not received his pistol (this was on 3 Jan), the pistol had been sitting at their FFL awaiting pick up. The FFL had left messages on voice mail and told the guy's wife it was there.

As one of my great mentors said "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID"
Yet again, CMP 1911 comes through with pertinent and appropriate info. Naysayers should just give up and relinquish their place in line.

Thanks.

LHS
Old 01-04-2019, 03:35 PM

All I really want is my RNG. Once you know that, the rest will fall into place, (you will get a call this year, when the next pistols are released, someday). Initially it bothered me that the RNG's were promised within "30-60 days" in October, then November, then December, and the slow pace made that obviously incorrect. But I got tired of fretting about it. When I get an email, I get an email.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeant major View Post
Everyone that submitted a packet to CMP1911 should make a New Years resolution..."Be kind and patient with CMP1911" I am.
This is where I am exactly.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:02 PM

It may even be 90 days, we are doing the best we can. If you no longer care to wait let me know and when we pull your packet it will be destroyed in a secure manner.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:00 AM

I know it's been said that if a packet will be rejected that you would notify the sender.

Are you notifying people who are rejected as it's discovered or are you waiting unti the whole process is completed before notifying rejections?

I only ask because if you wait until the very end to notify rejecteds it could take years.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:57 PM

As the RGN # comes up we check the packet and if incomplete notify the person.