Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC M14 View Post
Headed to the cabin today for opening day gun deer season. I plan on taking the 1911 along to show the others. They will want to inspect it in detail so Iíll get a few pics of the parts and post them Iíll have to keep a close eye on one of the devil dogs. Sure he will want to take it home.
Does OK have an issue w/ CWD in your deer? It's been identified in my area.

Are they going to wear white gloves?
Old 11-16-2018, 10:52 AM

No CWD where I'll be hunting. Sure sounds like a bad disease. Not sure about the white gloves but no doubt the inspection will be detailed. We usually hunt with CMP Garands or 03's. So Fridays before the hunt is like a gun show. Look forward to showing off the new 1911.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:32 PM

Its a $1800 pistol if it was all original. Many of these RR's were sold thru DCM like new very cheap in the 1960's. A correct mag would be kinda salty. Not worth going after with the rebuild mark , imhop. Going to be real interesting how the market values these. One thing for sure, its worth alot more than you paid.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:02 PM

Park on that pistol looks very dark. Is that the lighting or is it really that dark?
Old 11-16-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
No CWD where I'll be hunting. Sure sounds like a bad disease. Not sure about the white gloves but no doubt the inspection will be detailed. We usually hunt with CMP Garands or 03's. So Fridays before the hunt is like a gun show. Look forward to showing off the new 1911.
Good. Figured I ask since you're right up the road from I.

BTW, pistol looks flawless! Congrats! One can be so lucky to get a piece like that.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:23 PM

Have my Father in Laws Rem. Rand from 1962. He had to produce a copy of his NRA membership and add a Money Order for $17.50. Pistol mailed to his house, in Chicago, of all places.

Very nice pistol, USMC M14...Its a pearl..Has it got a Checkered or serrated main spring housing? My FIL's has the serrated version and it is the 102xxxx range, right around the changeover from checkered to serrated.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:42 PM

The parkerization is very dark with the exception of the barrel which is a dark gray. The main spring housing is serrated.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:27 PM

The "A" might even be Albany. That might be another explanation.

I think there will be a lot of new rebuild marks to study in this lot.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
The parkerization is very dark with the exception of the barrel which is a dark gray. The main spring housing is serrated.

Outstanding pistol, Marine. Looks a heck of a lot better than what I carried in the late 80ís with 1/4. Hope it is a good shooter too.

Semper Fidelis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2018, 03:51 PM

Few more pics taken in the field. Not the best quality; could only find some butcher block paper for a background.
http://s1035.photobucket.com/user/jl...tml?sort=3&o=0
http://s1035.photobucket.com/user/jl...tml?sort=3&o=1
http://s1035.photobucket.com/user/jl...tml?sort=3&o=2
http://s1035.photobucket.com/user/jl...tml?sort=3&o=3

The consensus of our hunting party was that the slide and receiver did not appear to be reparkerized during overhaul due to wear marks on the rails and inside of the upper slide. The parkerization is also thin on the rear sights and front of the slide; probably due to holster wear. The barrel marked HS might be original to the pistol but has been reparkerized with no wear marks. The barrel bushing is either or new or reparkerized. The slide stop is new or reparkerized. The recoil spring plug is new or reparkerized. The recoil spring appears to be new. The recoil spring guide might be original. The dark plastic grips look new. The grip screws look new or never removed.
The slide and receiver all have very sharp lettering and no scratch mark on the receiver from the someone not knowing how to install the slide stop. The safety lever on the receiver appears to be a new replacement. Overall the pistol looks perfect and doesn't rattle when you shake it. That's a first for me as every issued 45 I had always rattled as if it was well worn.