Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverrat71 View Post
Are there many service grade Garands? What are they looking like?
Like Ghosts..No Service Grades

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer
Old 03-02-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH53Gunner View Post
Ah there were 2 Mann Accuracy Devices and 2 real sweet looking parade rifles that needed a good home. Just not my home

You can have your choice of the one with the electrical tape or the white and chrome.

Yikes..Ugly with a capitol UG...

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer
Old 03-02-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454pistolshooter View Post
Was there about noon. lots of service grade specials and kimbers. Barrelled recievers were there about 20. lots of navy barreled recievers. Mixed bag of anschutz barreled action. Couple of mann accuracy devices. Best thing was the nice selection of type 2 national matches. One i looked at had a 0muzzle and a 3 throat. ecery thing was correct except the trigger group was not inscibed with the last 4 of the serial number. cool thing was it had a NM barrel madw by LMR never seen that ever and I have seen a few nm barrels. No service or field grades.
I picked up one of those NM's with an LMR barrel at the NS on 2Jan13 with the great help of the staff that picked it out. It's a nice-looking 5.83 SA SerGr w/a LMR 3-53 barrel. The barrel has a lot of markings on it, including the crossed cannons.

Both the barrel channel and the trigger housing are marked with the last four digits of the SN. In this case the trigger housing marks are on the front side of the vertical part whereas my other one (from a number of years ago) has the mark on the inside of floor plate.

I know, w/o pix it didn't happen. Sorry, you'll have to choose to believe it or not for now. Other than break it into the three parts, I haven't had time to even look at it. Someday I'll get a chance to look it over and post some pix; probably on the Garand Forum.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:25 AM

Would have been good if I asked the right question. Meant to ask about the Field grades. Much of a stock of them?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:30 AM

Zero field, rack, or service grades in the stores.

Mail order an HRA service grade, that's your best bet at this point.

General George S. Patton, in a letter to his son dated June 6th, 1944:
Quote:
"What success I have had results from the fact that I have always been certain that my military reactions were correct. Many people do not agree with me; they are wrong. The unerring jury of history written long after both of us are dead will prove me correct."
Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH53Gunner View Post
Ah there were 2 Mann Accuracy Devices and 2 real sweet looking parade rifles that needed a good home. Just not my home

You can have your choice of the one with the electrical tape or the white and chrome.

Honestly, those look like cool project rifles to me. I understand that a chrome shop will remove the chrome easily. Provided the barrel isn't buggered up with chrome I understand it is rather amusing to take "Old Chromy" to the range as one CMP'er termed it. From looking at the pics at the bolt cut out they appear to be Winchester stocks. Could be a real jem under that white paint waiting for a citrus strip treatment.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:10 PM

A buddy of mine picked up a white 17 last year. It too was in a winchester stock, it was a Eddystone action with a JA barrel (IIRC) anyways it's the rebarrel type that tends to have the cracked receiver ring.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaTheKid View Post
Honestly, those look like cool project rifles to me. Could be a real jem under that white paint waiting for a citrus strip treatment.
Thats what I was thinking. Although I am in the middle of two other projects right now I always keep my eyes open. Spray the Citrus stripper remover on, wrap it up in a garbage bag. Come back an hour later, spray again, rinse repeat, clean.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:15 PM

I am planning a trip North during the week of the 18th, does the north store have any surplus 30-06 ammo in house or is that strictly estore order ammo.

Thanks for puttin up with a newb!
Max
Old 03-05-2013, 06:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflattop View Post
I am planning a trip North during the week of the 18th, does the north store have any surplus 30-06 ammo in house or is that strictly estore order ammo.

Thanks for puttin up with a newb!
Max
They should have plenty in the store.