View Poll Results: Parked, blue, bayonet lug or not
Parkerized 12 50.00%
Blue or something else 15 62.50%
Bayonet lug 7 29.17%
No bayonet lug 17 70.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2010, 11:25 PM

Default Survey says.....

Ok, now that they are almost gone I have a nagging question that needs to be answered. I did not and most likely will not get a Bavarian because I don't like the blue finish. Kind of a purist I guess. Now that they are out there in great numbers, how many are blue and how many have the original park finish?

Also, how many showed up without bayonet lugs?
Old 05-14-2010, 11:29 PM

I got one.....hand picked at the south store....HEAVILY blued....has that oily wet surface look, and a T2 band.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:48 PM

Rural Police, Winchester, no bayo lug, blued finish w/plum colored TG

It may be ugly to some but I love the history of it and wouldn't change a thing. A rifle designed and built by Winchester, fought the Germans, loaned to the Germans, loaned to Austria, given back to the CMP, and now it ends up in some shmucks gunsafe in Utah... ...what a story huh?? I think it's cool to be able to own such a piece of history, or at least be able to have it for a while.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:29 AM

Forestry Police Winchester. Believe it to be a black oxide finish (I'm no expert). Type II band. Also, the bolt, I think, is original Dulite finish.

http://www.bavarianm1carbines.com/carbineAGO_1366.html
Old 05-15-2010, 02:47 AM

Ordered four:

-FAT marked SG Inland; gray green park w/bayonet lug
-FAT marked SG Winchester; gray green park w/bayonet lug
-FAT marked SG Quality Hardware; very worn park w/bayonet lug
-Bavarian Rural Police SG Underwood; blued reciever, rest looks like blued over park w/o bayonet lug
Old 05-15-2010, 05:56 AM

Parked, SG Underwood Forestry Police. Unmarked Type 1 Band, flip sight. Highwood stock with nice GHD/UEF Cartouche. All underwood except hand guard and thats marked S-HB. All major parts marked with last 4 of SN. Was mail order luck of the draw.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to hoyceman

After 8 or 9 mixmasters,I really wanted one or two nice early-feature carbines and figured this was my chance. CMP gave plenty of advance notice about when they would start taking orders so I sold some excess hunting rifles to have the funds. Ordered 2 flip sights and a week later 2 more . They were delivered a day apart and 2 came in Wins.(one spring tube and dogleg hammer) , 1 IBM,and 1 Inland.They were all mostly matching parts except safety, mag catch and some stocks.The only high polish blue and gloss stock was the Inland and 3 out of 4 had early bands.CMP still listed them so I sold some more stuff and ordered 3 more, sure they'd be out and with a sticky saying "Any manuf. OK, early bands if possible).A month later I got 3 flip Rockolas, one with early band and cartouched high-wood stock.All the others were mostly matching.
Only 1 out of 7 had a high polish blue,4 had early bands,only 2 had correct stocks,but NO mixmasters in the bunch.There were pics posted of all these in Dec. right after they arrived.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:17 PM

Good info so far, although not sure how 50% are parked and 61% blue. Must be that new math they are teaching these days.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:37 PM

Got a blue Austrian Service grade Inland last year . UGLY. Sold quickly!