Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2016, 06:19 PM

Default WTS: 1903/M2 Carbine/Garand Drill Stocks

Cleaning out the closet! Here are a couple stocks that I've had cluttering up the shop for too long, so it is time to send them along to someone who has a better use for them:

1. USGI M2 Carbine birch pot-belly stock (Keystone, RIA-EB cartouche, cracked at recoil plate tang). Came on one of the 2007 batch of Italian-return CMP carbines, and I was just too lazy to ask CMP customer service for a replacement. An easy repair for someone with the time and patience. It has been sanded at some point, but all I did was clean it and add some fresh RLO. $30 Shipped

2. USGI M1903 Walnut stock (missing small piece at front, RA-P cartouche, serif P). This was taken off a Greek-return CMP 1903 about 10 years ago and has been sitting ever since. It has obviously been sanded at some point, but not by me. SPF to Carl in FLA

3. M1 Garand Plastic/Synthetic (drill rifle) stock. Taken off a CMP-purchased drill rifle. I've actually used this stock to do a bit of shooting -- experimenting to see what kind of impact it had on accuracy (I didn't note any difference between it and a walnut GI or birch GI stock, for the record...). $50 shipped

Trades?
Looking for a birch Garand stock, preferably one of the much-maligned "pumpkin orange" ones if someone has one sitting around unused.

Last edited by Hacker; 12-25-2016 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:49 PM

Default 1903 stock

I will take the 1903 Springfield stock. Will send email.
Thanks, Carl in FLA
Old 12-25-2016, 10:57 PM

03 Stock SPF to Carl in FLA.

Thanks!