Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2019, 01:19 PM

Default First CMP Garand.

I have been meaning to buy a CMP garand for a while but always would get sidetracked. Last week I found myself with some spare time Saturday morning so I knocked out the paperwork, got the 2nd form notarized, and got my order mailed off that morning.

I realized shortly after that I forgot my passport photo and used the wrong affiliated club. Tuesday morning rolled around and a very nice lady called me and helped me correct my issues. Tuesday afternoon I recieved shipping information.

I was around town so I hung out at the house until fedex rolled up this morning. I had a meeting after so I just threw the box in the back seat and rolled on.

IHC 4.5 Million Field Grade I haven't looked into the other parts yet as I have a salesman coming in a bit.

Overall I am impressed with the customer service. Instead of saying dude your a dumpster-fire the problems were assisted in fixing and the order proceeded ASAP. I mailed my packet on Saturday and received a rifle on Thursday. I ordered two but the IHC came first. The other one should be a Service Grade
Old 08-22-2019, 01:27 PM

Congrats on your first rifle! CMP must not be selling many field grade IHCs right now to get one that fast. I got a field grade SA in 8 days and thought that was extremely fast
Old 08-22-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.swider777 View Post
Congrats on your first rifle! CMP must not be selling many field grade IHCs right now to get one that fast. I got a field grade SA in 8 days and thought that was extremely fast

I have a few others but they are all pawn shop or gunshow prizes because I looked at it as being easier. Turns out its fairly easy and painless.
Old 08-22-2019, 01:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

And here I was waiting to see your "Fly In" purchase.....
Congrats on your first CMP rifle....there might be many more!!!! Don't ask how I know....
Old 08-22-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
And here I was waiting to see your "Fly In" purchase.....
Congrats on your first CMP rifle....there might be many more!!!! Don't ask how I know....
This is a pre-courser to that. I figured it would be easier if everything was set up right. I have been reading through the store reports doing some scouting.