Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2019, 09:11 AM

Default WTS - Springfield O66 SecNav Trophy Rifle in 30-06

Guys,
I recently picked up my 2nd SecNav Trophy rifle that is an IHC (I seem to have a "thing" for IHC's lately) and so this Springfield needs to find a new home.
In addition to just being neat as a trophy rifle this is also a Marine Corps Rebuild and is marked O-66 behind the rear sight as is common for these. I think the USMC marked trophy rifles are the best examples of the Marine Corps Rebuilds you can get. Basically as new from rebuild.
Also this rifle comes with a ton of provenance. LCDR USNR Michael Salach was the winner of this rifle. When I researched him I found that he has a large footprint on the web when it comes to competition with both the M1 Garand and the Model 1911. His competitions seems to have started when he was a midshipman and has continued until just recently. It appears he was always very competitive and successful. This particular rifle was presented to him in 2008.

Specifics:
Receiver: 4290195 0-66
Barrel: SA 5/53
ME: 2.0
TE: 5.0
Bolt: HRA 65282287 UW 883
Trigger Housing IHC
Trigger Guard Post War: marked “195”
Hammer: -5SA
Safety: IHC
OP Rod: SA 6535382 marked “195”
Front Sight: SA
Gas Plug: WWII
Stock: No Cartouches, small arsenal repair at buttplate. marked "195".

Before we get to the pictures, lets set the conditions:
I am just wanting to get back my original; purchase price for this so it will be $2000 + actual USPS shipping CONUS. First "I'll take it" posted here trumps all other communications per our mutual standard rules. Please follow that with a PM so we can exchange email info and take further communications there.
Buyer needs to initially provide the City and Zip Code the rifle will ship to so shipping costs can be calculated. Buyer also needs to specify if insurance is desired. A tracking number will be supplied once the rifle ships and it will ship with Signature Required.
Payment can be USPS MO, Bank Check, or personal check. Unless I have dealt with you before your personal check will need to clear my bank before I can ship. No PayPal, livestock or Bitcoins.
Rifle will ship in a cardboard box broken down to the buttstock and the upper group in two pieces. The documentation shown in the post will be packed inside the box with the rifle.
Must ship to an FFL that is willing to accept a shipment from a non-FFL (me).
Please be willing to provide a file copy of the FFL license for shipping.
Will ship only where legal, it is the buyer’s responsibility to check your local laws.
If I must ship thru my local Gun Shop on their FFL there will be some extra cost to the buyer for the transfer.
In the shipment I will include a copy of the ship-to FFL and a copy of my current driver’s license .

Now for some pictures:
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I have a bunch of detail photos that I can send via email if you want to see more.

good luck guys,
Rob

I should have mentioned that this rifle is on Jim Adell's list of US Navy rifles since it was in inventory in 1998.

Last edited by rob30-06; 11-12-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:39 AM

Rob, I will take this.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:46 AM

Default SPF to SFCDave

OK Dave, going to a good home for sure.

Rob