Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2011, 10:31 PM

Default 10 days!

Only ten days until my lifetime trip. Any .30 carbine(Rem) in store? Any hra,wra, or sa service grades showing up? Also will buy HXP and a muzzle gage and t.e. gage. Any LMR barrels showing up on HRA corrects? Thanks. (Hard to sleep, still got 10 days) Unfortunately only day I can go is Friday. Will get there early. Thanks
Old 05-10-2011, 08:36 AM

There were plenty of SA and HRA corrects last week when I was there. At 1100 bucks each, I'm sure there will still be plenty for you to look at. There were no srvice grade SA or HRA, but a few service grade Winchesters in the birch CMP stocks. I was told that the mail order for service grades was back ordered by over a 1000 so they were not putting any on the store shelves. But who knows what they will stick out there from day to day. I hope you find a nice one.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drywash View Post
Any LMR barrels showing up on HRA corrects?
LMR barrels show up occasionally on FGs, SGs, and Correct Grades, but you have to get lucky. I happened to pick one out (SG) at the South Store on my annual visit in April and didn't even check the barrel manufacturer until it arrived at the house four days later! I had just assumed that they were all HRA barreled because of the scarcity of LMR barrels and because Lady Luck and I are (up to now) unacquainted.

Last edited by Tennboy; 05-10-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: added comment
Old 05-11-2011, 10:10 PM

They have service grade specials in the store and they are very nice, but at $895 I think they don't move quite as fast as the regular service grades. They did have lots of corrects, so if that's your thing you will probably be good to go.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:38 PM

2 days and a wake up. , If I can get across Mississippi I-20 at Vicksburg. Leaning toward HRA with LMR if available, HXP, Carbine Ammo, Muzzle ga. t.e. gauge, carbine mags. Don't buy out store before I get there, save some. Wow.