Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbo View Post
Ask your wife if she had rather you spend $2000 - $3000 a year on a golf habit that doesn't include her - unless of course you already have an expensive golf habit....
Thankfully not, and a great suggestion.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
Hopefully they won't pull from the Stores - although they usually do.

A lot of people have a hard time getting to the Stores - and deserve a chance at the rifles allocated to them.

"Life is Good!"
I agree to that to an extent, but how long is reasonable for a "chance"? If they have a mailed in order in hand, and rifles unpurchased on the rack after a week...
Old 10-08-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
What grade were the 1917s?
I only ask as I sent in an order for a SG, and just wonder if SGs they'd get pulled for mail orders at this point.
I wasn't paying real close attention because I wasn't in the market for one, but it seems like they were mostly SG's. One that Harold showed me was a Win with a Rem barrel and the bore was shiny and spotless.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garand871 View Post
Thankfully not, and a great suggestion.
I once worked with a guy that had an expensive golf habit - he would be out on the fairway two or three times a week with his buddies - in addition, he and his buddies would take a weekend road trip three or four times a year in the fall so that they could include a college football game in the festivities. At the end of the year the guy had nothing to show for that habit other than personal satisfaction - which is fine if that's what cranks his tractor and his wife doesn't give a damn. But at the end of the year there's less money in the bank and it will never be recovered.

On the other hand - a habit that consists of acquiring stuff like collectible firearms or motorcycles or whatever else that other folk enjoy acquiring and the habit keeps a body at home enjoying the habit (rather than off on some golf junket doing God-knows-what with God-knows-whom) has got to be the better deal - especially since when the person with the acquisition habit croaks then his widow gets to sell all his crap (hopefully at something close to market price - he needs to make sure that the potential widow knows what to do with all his crap) and enjoy the investment profit of his habit.

Last edited by jabbo; 10-08-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
I agree to that to an extent, but how long is reasonable for a "chance"? If they have a mailed in order in hand, and rifles unpurchased on the rack after a week...
Don't pay any attention to me - I'm in a foul mood tonight.

Having said that - given that it will take two to three weeks to work through the mail orders, if there any needed rifles in either store at that time (two or three weeks), they should probably be shipped out.

Last edited by steelap; 10-08-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:45 PM

Alexander, there is a flip side.....are you sure you would want what was left over in the store....at least with the "luck of the draw" you have a chance at a decent weapon....if the CMP sends you what is "left" at the store (that no one else would buy)....not so sure I would like that!! If they called me and said, "do you want a floor model?" I would pass!! I would vote to leave it as it is...If they still had stock in the back...ok.
But Orest said that they only had KRAGs in the back and not on the floor.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:26 PM

I was there Saturday also and was told they were not going to pull inventory from the store to fill mail order. They allocated a certain amount to each store and mail order and they would stay there until sold. This is at least what I was told. I was mostly looking at .22 but can give a report on anything in the store if someone wants.fficeffice" />>>
Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 PM

Default ss 10-08

Those painted stocks are going to make some unbelievably rewarding projects.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:39 PM
CMP Master Instructor

2 of these 4 were painted VFW rifles; all are from the SS last time they were offered.

http://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

RA
Old 10-11-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredArmy View Post
2 of these 4 were painted VFW rifles; all are from the SS last time they were offered.

http://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

RA
You do (or contract out) good work, sir!