Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twra1301 View Post
I got there in time for opening, found a M1D with an auction tag on it, the only one in the rack, with help from Leon and Mike.
There were 15-20 field grades that had been picked over pretty good, 3 had pretty decent bores with ME at 2-3, the rest had more wear and other than 3 or 4 having VAR barrels, there wasn't much to pick from, even the VAR's had pretty worn barrels. Probably 30+ drill rifles, all with plastic stocks, was going to buy one for the parts, just didn't see one worth the money. The usual SGS's and M1C's and D's.
Now I just need to find a 1" mount for the D.
I need to go pick one up so I have a receiver to convert to .308. Because, why not?
Old 01-17-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
I need to go pick one up so I have a receiver to convert to .308. Because, why not?
If it's the same several dozen I saw, no rush. I don't think they'll be moving very quickly
Old 01-17-2014, 01:10 PM

Nothing new today just less field grade SA. There were 12 when I got there 6 when I left

SSgt
=Operation Iraqi Freedom 2010=
Old 01-17-2014, 06:05 PM

Would it still be worth heading down to pick one up tomorrow?
Old 01-17-2014, 06:30 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to jaw1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennboy View Post
By the way, which and where are the best early morning doughnut shops in Anniston (just in case )?
http://www.lamars.com. Oxford, not far from SS.

If in town night before can order and pay, so in morning just pick up, ain't cheap.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:31 PM

If there are any left I would have suggested calling before they close (I think they are) and see if there are any left. Idk if more people came later that day or not. If there are any left you will find usable wood with "character" and gauges of 2/4 and 3/4. If you want one you don't have to worry about dropping or scratching then yes. The problem your going to have is... If you wait to call tomorrow they might be gone. Maybe someone who went later in the day could help him out?

SSgt
Old 01-17-2014, 06:32 PM

I'm four hours out, I think I will just wait to make the trip until they get more in stock, or I will just mail order one. I would prefer to pick one out, but it looks like I will have to do a mail order
Old 01-17-2014, 06:37 PM

It's starting to look like the day of hand picking field and service grades are gone. Only way you can "hand pick" as of now are SGS and M1D and Cs. And I have no idea if anyone still buys the rusty box of carbine mags... I think they just migrate from one end of the store to the other.

SSgt
Old 01-17-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFcop View Post
If there are any left I would have suggested calling before they close (I think they are) and see if there are any left. Idk if more people came later that day or not. If there are any left you will find usable wood with "character" and gauges of 2/4 and 3/4. If you want one you don't have to worry about dropping or scratching then yes. The problem your going to have is... If you wait to call tomorrow they might be gone. Maybe someone who went later in the day could help him out?
Interesting that the Fgs are 2/4 or 3/4. My SA Fg with the date of 2/27/2012 is a 2/3. Best part is what is on the back of the tag though. "correct". I'm not the original buyer so will one day ask the CMP for the info on it. 5850XXX SA from 1955. Wood has splices in the front handguard which appear to be almost as old as the gun itself. And it has the vial adapter on it for use with a grenade launcher.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:08 PM

I think myself grabbed a 2.2mil and another guy who bought three field grades took the last 2/3 gauged rifles he managed to grab. All six serials too... Not complaining the guy walked around for a spell before grabbing but when he did it was in a glance. I don't think we will find another like yours in stores these guys are building and racking them.

SSgt