Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2016, 12:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway
Default Last Carbine Release....

Just a heads-up for those that are going.
Last summer during the National Matches when they had carbines the staff placed them among the rest of the Garands.....kinda like an Easter egg hunt.
Last Thursday I asked if they were going to do that again and they wouldn't give me a straight answer...
Considering they allow 25-30 customers at a time in the store this avoids a mass stampede to just one rack.
So keep your eyes open.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:23 PM

I picked up a carbine also last summer during the nationals. It took me three mornings of waiting in line to get my hands on a carbine because they would go so quick! I liked how they mixing them in with the Garands. I was able to get a very nice GI S'G'. They should make a rule that you can only handle one rifle at a time. There were guys grabbing one in each hand and hand them off to their buddies which isn't fair.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:48 PM

Recent reports say there weren't many rifles in the racks!! Where they gonna hide'em?
Old 02-03-2016, 01:54 PM

Just going to state it up front. Sorry if this angers anyone.
If you want to be "fair," why not limit the number of weapons you can purchase over a longer period of time (like every three years). This way many, many more folks get an opportunity to purchase a piece of history, not just a few thousand folks that buy 3, 7, 10 of everything. It's amazing how many people have made multiple purchases of the same items over the years. In one respect, that's fine. CMP is making money and capitalism is great, but give all tax-payers an opportunity to purchase a tax-payer paid for item. I know, I know, we all have the same opportunity to send in our paperwork and hope we get one. But, how many folks have bought multiple items over and over with the main intent of selling them for a profit on Gunbroker, Armslist, etc., etc.? This is what happened a few years ago with AR15's and is continuing to happen with .22 LR ammo. I believe you would eventually see the prices of carbines, garands, etc. go down. It would probably be a management nightmare for CMP to track weapons sales, but if it's being done for ammo, I would think it possible to track weapons the same way. Again, sorry if I angered anyone.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:18 PM

^^^ As You have only 2 posts, I will assume You are new to this, and as so offer You in the most welcoming and friendlist tones possible, that We all were new here and made faux pas such as this before ourselves. It's OK. Just try to keep it in the proper forum area and directed toward the proper audience. Just be forwarned that the proper audience has heard Your suggestion before and many others but sticks with what is best. They know best. Invariably after about 20 or 30 angry rebuttals someone will point You in the direction of what the purpose of the CMP truly is and what it actually does. And there wil be 20 or 30 more posts befoe a Moderator will become dissenchanted and close the thread. You will likely get a PM.

That aside, Welcome aboard, the search function is your friend and if You feel like asking that's cool too. No shortage of good people offering free advice. Lord knows I have faux pas'd and gotten my share here. =)
Old 02-03-2016, 02:20 PM

Word on the street is the North Store line is already 3 deep.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:45 PM

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaTheKid View Post
^^^ As You have only 2 posts, I will assume You are new to this, and as so offer You in the most welcoming and friendlist tones possible, that We all were new here and made faux pas such as this before ourselves. It's OK. Just try to keep it in the proper forum area and directed toward the proper audience. Just be forwarned that the proper audience has heard Your suggestion before and many others but sticks with what is best. They know best. Invariably after about 20 or 30 angry rebuttals someone will point You in the direction of what the purpose of the CMP truly is and what it actually does. And there wil be 20 or 30 more posts befoe a Moderator will become dissenchanted and close the thread. You will likely get a PM.

That aside, Welcome aboard, the search function is your friend and if You feel like asking that's cool too. No shortage of good people offering free advice. Lord knows I have faux pas'd and gotten my share here. =)

Professionally and politely done......and to the original poster - welcome to the forum.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:58 PM

The Email CMP sent me on Tuesday said there were only going to be about 35 carbines at each store due to mail orders... Unless I read it wrong. Good luck guys...
Old 02-03-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkmac View Post
LOL! That's funny. Well put!
Pretty sure I handed jimp223 above that carbine last summer. Pretty sure it was alot more collectable than the one I hung on to. But then I was there for a shooter and the one I left with was solid. It was my first time; You're in good company here.

That same morning a friend whom I drove to the north store with over night, watched him get eaten alive by mosquitos all morning, he got in and went for the Winchesters, took his hand off a Winchester Garand to look at the stock on the Garand next to it which was a Springfield apparently and someone snapped the Winchester up from over his shoulder. "Chess Rules", my buddy took his hand off the piece, his turn was over. He made the trip to get a Winchester. He got a nice carbine tho. All part of the fun.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:24 PM

I'll buy one off the forum and not have to drive 16 hrs round trip