Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2019, 09:00 PM

Thank all of you for your concerns. Our address is Robert C. Lovell, P.O. Box 96, Hennessey, OK 73742.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:07 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful wife......
Old 09-30-2019, 09:50 PM

May God give you and yours the strength to cope with His will.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:44 PM

Well, as you know I missed going to Whittington last week. The guys that did go had the worst trip yet. Was very windy but not enough to keep the mosquitoes off. I never remember a trouble with them. Usually only a few in the evenings. They could not set up the turkeys or rams because they kept blowing off. Could only shoot the chickens and pigs. I use this to make me feel better about not getting to go. My middle son, Bill, is trying to work out something so we can take a one day trip some place and get some shooting in. Until I can find some one to help me give regular care, I am not going to be able to get away. I still want to go to New Orleans to WWII Museum that I missed out on in Feb. because of the blood clots. Enough feeling sorry for myself, she never gets to go any place. Well, a couple of weeks she got to get out a half hour to get hair cut. She has only been out of the house 8 times in almost 3 years and none of them were over an hour. Thanks to all of you for your concerns. Bob
Old 10-31-2019, 05:51 AM

Lovell; front n center Sir...

Is BDL doing ok there? And you...

-------
(note posted late, but shoulda' been rec'd by now? )

Did any Americans STOP waving their US Flags on 09/11/01, because their arms were tired from waving it on 09/10/01?
Old 10-31-2019, 10:10 AM

When Billie D. fell she hurt her leg and back so her pain meds were upped. This was bad because she became over-medicated and saw things that did not exist. We got meds back down and she is doing as well as could be expected. Stays in good spirits almost all the time.
I have worked out something so that my eldest son can come and stay with her when I need to get away. So now I may be able to get away some. In fact, I am going to OKC today with middle son to just get a break. Thanks to all of you, my friends on this forum. Bob
Old 11-03-2019, 10:07 AM

My wife and I are keeping you in our prayers , We went thru the same thing your going with my dad, WWII, Korea and Vietnam vet. He passed after a long and hard fight at 90 years.
God bless you and your wife
Old 11-06-2019, 06:21 PM

Today is veteran's day (lower case 'V', 'D', since EVERY day is veteran's day).

Yeah, I think there's a 'Veteran's Day' immediate future

We got epitome of a VETERAN here too.

What's up, Mr. Lovell??? Sound off Sir.

ed.: NOW, SIR! Many here do have you in mind...

Did any Americans STOP waving their US Flags on 09/11/01, because their arms were tired from waving it on 09/10/01?

Last edited by ACampComLegacy; 11-06-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:12 PM

Yes, it is Veterans Day and I celebrated this morning by going to the local high school for the program. As usual, the kids did a wonderful job. Last year I was the speaker and this year it was retired Air Force officer that I have known all his life. Great to get to visit with other veterans. Sorry that I have not been keeping up on here and will have more things to report I am sure.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:41 PM

Tonight I was able to attend the Veterans Day program at Enid, OK. Every year they have a program and give legacy awards to some one from each branch of the service. About 5 years ago I was so honored. I have to tell this story on myself. Before the program they have a reception for those who will be honored and invited me as a former recipient. I was introduced to a guy and sat at his table. We got to talking and he was surprised that I was as old as I am and that I had been in WWII. He asked me about my service and I told him about some of the things that happened. Then when the awards were announced he was the first one called. He had been in Vietnam and when they read about him I found that he was one real bad as. He had 3 purple hearts and 2 bronze stars among others.I told him later that he had lead me on with my stories, when he had many more much better. You would think that by now I would learn when to keep my mouth closed.