Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2017, 08:58 AM

Thanks for sharing Bob, my wife survived breast cancer last year and now we have slowed down our lives and celebrate little things constantly. God bless and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:12 AM

Merry Christmas and God Bless!!
Old 12-13-2017, 10:20 AM

Default Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripper clip View Post
I am thankful for reading Mr. Lovell's OP. It is a reminder to me that I should consider myself a very fortunate person for all that I have had, and have now as well. I am struck by the fact that I often go through day to day life often overlooking and dismissing the small things I have been blessed with; perhaps all of us can say the same thing. I am especially thankful that my ancestors made the crossing of the Atlantic so that I could later be born in this great country. But most of all, I am thankful that we are about to celebrate the birth of Jesus, who came in to this world perfect and blameless, to pay the price for our sins and give us eternal life with Him forever.
AMEN! Retirement has taught me to slow down a bit and observe the wonders all around us every day. Maybe because there is less commuting road rage when you don't have to drive to work.

But I am grateful to Mr. Lovell and his wife, for their sacrifices a long time ago, and the sharing of their experiences and wisdom today. Read "Unlikely Warrior" and you will know.

I am also reminded of another soldier who stood guard duty a long time ago on a rugged cross, and paid the price for our sins and mistakes, for our ultimate freedom. That is sacrifice, and God's love.

God's richest blessings to you, Robert and Billie Dolores, and happiest Christmas memories this year. And to all, a MERRY CHRISTMAS !
Old 12-13-2017, 11:52 AM

Thanks so much for the reminder of where our true blessings come from, Mr. Lovell. Thanks be to our God for providing us His Son and for His Blood shed on Calvary that covers ALL our sins. I'm so thankful also, as you, for my wife, the most precious gift I've been given on this earth, and for my family. A Merry Christmas to you, and to all on this forum, and a blessed Happy New Year! And God's best to you and your wife, Mr. Lovell! And thank you so much for your service to our country.

Last edited by accordionjohn; 12-13-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:51 PM

Merry Christmas an God Bless, she is in my prayers.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:50 PM

It's a shame that many of us DON'T appreciate these 'little things', until after bad things happen; surely most have heard 'don't know what you got til it's gone'.

I had mine too (accident, including death of the other guy - drunk driver), so I more now than before count EVERY DAY special. WITH appreciation for Mr. Lovell's service. And his family's sacrifice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Sarge View Post
Bless you and your family and have a Merry Christmas.

For me being home with some of our kids and grandkids is a blessing. Having spent many a Christmas or Thanksgiving deployed or stationed overseas it's great being retired and home now.
Also after having a major heart attack (Widow maker) and with the doc on the verge of calling the TOD yet somehow survive, is a feeling I can't describe.

So every day, whether a holiday or not is a special day. I count sunsets and sunrises, living each day as my last.

Did any Americans STOP waving their US Flags on 09/11/01, because their arms were tired from waving it on 09/10/01?
Old 12-13-2017, 08:00 PM

May God Bless and Keep You Both!!! Merry Christmas!!

Looking for SA Garand 2860035
Old 12-13-2017, 08:51 PM

Our family is praying for both of you.MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:54 PM

We live in a time where petty pointless issues give anyone so inclined a chance to whine and complain. Things that are nothing become something because people's feelings are hurt. Mr and Mrs. Lovell gives us a look at what real sincere people are like. Get along and enjoy the time. Bless you folks.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert C. Lovell View Post
This is the time of the year when we are thankful for little things.
Today I took my wife to an eye appointment. As most of you know, she has stomach cancer and has been at home under Hospice care for thirteen months. This is the first time she has been out of the house in two months and only the second time in six months. Might not seem like much, but we are really thankful that she could make it to the doctor and get her eyes checked. He did not change prescription but did give her a couple of different drops to use to ease eye strain. Reading is her main interest anymore. We thank God every day for all that he has done for us and how He continues to look after us.
Bless all of you, my friends on CMP Forum, and we hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas.
Bob & Billie Dolores Lovell
Thank you for the update Bob, and for this great reminder...so very glad to hear that she was able to get out for even a little bit and y'all remain in our thoughts and prayers.
Hope y'all can continue to spend many days reading together.

Thank you for all your contributions...wishing you, Billie and your entire family continued blessings and a wonderful Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Sarge View Post
For me being home with some of our kids and grandkids is a blessing. Having spent many a Christmas or Thanksgiving deployed or stationed overseas it's great being retired and home now. Also after having a major heart attack (Widow maker) and with the doc on the verge of calling the TOD yet somehow survive, is a feeling I can't describe.

So every day, whether a holiday or not is a special day. I count sunsets and sunrises, living each day as my last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Det. Jason 714 View Post
Thanks for sharing Bob, my wife survived breast cancer last year and now we have slowed down our lives and celebrate little things constantly. God bless and Merry Christmas.
Mike/Jason,
Thanks for sharing. My wife underwent surgery several years ago to have half a lung removed due to cancer and thankfully, after annual checks remains cancer free.
Unfortunately, I am having to help my mom right now as she had a tumor removed from her tongue 2 months ago and is in the middle of chemo and rad treatments (35 total) that are taking their own toll.
Indeed, each day is a blessing and glad to hear your testimonials to such...truly helps put things in perspective.
Wishing you, your spouses and families many continued days together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHH View Post
We live in a time where petty pointless issues give anyone so inclined a chance to whine and complain. Things that are nothing become something because people's feelings are hurt. Mr and Mrs. Lovell gives us a look at what real sincere people are like. Get along and enjoy the time. Bless you folks.
Well said Dave...enough of that going on around here as it is. Glad to see some perspective, particularly when it involves good people such as the Lovells.

Warmest regards to Bob, Billie, Mike, Jason, Dave and everyone here,
Rob

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544