Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-29-2019, 10:35 AM
chuckindenver chuckindenver is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,722
Default

so take a minute and read the auction description,.. notice were it says, YOU DONT GET THIS STOCK? id love to have that stock. its stunning.. also notice..the stamp on the box? go look at the other auctions, click on the scant grip stock set he has..now look at the tag on the box...whats it say? yep.. Milton Bradly.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-29-2019, 12:05 PM
Light1984 Light1984 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckindenver View Post
so take a minute and read the auction description,.. notice were it says, YOU DONT GET THIS STOCK? id love to have that stock. its stunning.. also notice..the stamp on the box? go look at the other auctions, click on the scant grip stock set he has..now look at the tag on the box...whats it say? yep.. Milton Bradly.
Yea, I've reached out to him. He has two Cs left. The pictures I posted are one of the two that he sent me. I asked for pictures of the other one. Said I needed to see it before spending that much on it. Waiting to hear back to see the other one so I can choose between the two.

I also talked to the guy selling this one below. This has the A4 cut already. He swears it's authentic, but it doesn't look right to me. He sent me addition pictures, but I'm still not convinced. Plus it's finished already. Think I'd like to have an unfinished one and start from scratch.

And for everyone asking, I'm trying to get all original parts. May end up being more expensive in the end compared to just buying an original, but my goal is to have an as new 1903A4 when done.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F143423584901

Last edited by Light1984; 10-29-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-29-2019, 12:16 PM
Rock Rock is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light1984 View Post
Looks like the hole for the front band wasn't drilled on that one.

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-29-2019, 12:57 PM
John Beard John Beard is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 3,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckindenver View Post
go look at the other auctions, click on the scant grip stock set he has..now look at the tag on the box...whats it say? yep.. Milton Bradly.
Milton-Bradley made scant-grip stocks without question. And the seller is indeed offering an authentic Milton-Bradley scant grip stock in an original box.
However, I question whether Milton-Bradley made full pistol grip stocks.

I do not question that you may have received a full pistol grip stock in a Milton-Bradley box. But I question whether the stock and the box were an original combination. The military drawing number on the box would tell the story.

J.B.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-29-2019, 02:10 PM
chuckindenver chuckindenver is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,722
Default

iv installed enough of his stocks to know, they are what he says they are. the second stock linked is not a genuine A4 stock.
ill have to look in the trash in my shop, I may still have the tag from the stock. the A4 it was used on is pictured on another thread, that I restored back to military from a sporter. if you look at the auction he has for the C stock, you can see the makers stamp on the stock. blury for sure..i think over the years iv had well over 50 stocks that he has sold to people. all have been exactly what he advertised them as. id bet he got them all from the same place. though they aren't cheap, they are Genuine, and in my eyes, better by far then any reproduction stock offered.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-29-2019, 05:31 PM
Light1984 Light1984 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckindenver View Post
iv installed enough of his stocks to know, they are what he says they are. the second stock linked is not a genuine A4 stock.
ill have to look in the trash in my shop, I may still have the tag from the stock. the A4 it was used on is pictured on another thread, that I restored back to military from a sporter. if you look at the auction he has for the C stock, you can see the makers stamp on the stock. blury for sure..i think over the years iv had well over 50 stocks that he has sold to people. all have been exactly what he advertised them as. id bet he got them all from the same place. though they aren't cheap, they are Genuine, and in my eyes, better by far then any reproduction stock offered.

Well then that is likely where I'll be ordering from for my project.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-01-2019, 07:52 PM
Cavtanker Cavtanker is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 363
Default

My 1903A4 in this recent thread I posted is wearing a stock from this eBay seller:
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=253324

The stock I received was indeed a magnificent stock, and turned out beautifully after Chuck did his work to it.

I will point out though that the box that the stock arrived in had an AB&B stamp on it.


I am not an expert on these stocks, and couldn't pick an AB&B from a Milton Bradley out of a line-up. But the stock I got from this vendor was a fantastic stock regardless of manufacturer and turned out amazingly on this finished rifle.
__________________
US Air Force Contractor
US Army Retired
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-02-2019, 09:37 AM
Light1984 Light1984 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavtanker View Post
My 1903A4 in this recent thread I posted is wearing a stock from this eBay seller:
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=253324

The stock I received was indeed a magnificent stock, and turned out beautifully after Chuck did his work to it.

I will point out though that the box that the stock arrived in had an AB&B stamp on it.


I am not an expert on these stocks, and couldn't pick an AB&B from a Milton Bradley out of a line-up. But the stock I got from this vendor was a fantastic stock regardless of manufacturer and turned out amazingly on this finished rifle.
Thank you for sharing. Makes me feel better about the price.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.