Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2019, 12:17 AM

Default Lend lease Garand

a buddy was showing a bunch of rifles his god father gave him. He pulls out a garand. I can see right away the stock has some poly on it so thinking its nothing special until I see the serial number. 477xxx, then the flush nut sight, then the front sight screw seal, then the upside down barrel markings, narrow base gas cylinder, hammer spring housing in the white. Then the british proof marks on the barrel. WOW! Too bad the stock was sanded. Can barely see the crossed cannons. He not being a garand guy knew not a thing. Well he does now and it was neat to be the one to tell him. Maybe he will sell it to me?? I can dream. They're still out there.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:46 AM

I have a similar prewar M1, not Lend Lease (234,xxx) and it is the smoothest, slickest operating M1 I have ever owned - and I have owned more than a dozen. Figure out something he wants.... Thanks for sharing. CC
Old 11-09-2019, 09:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to ROC Send a message via MSN to ROC Send a message via Yahoo to ROC

These come along pretty regularly with good GHS stocks intact. I'd find one of those. There are probably a couple members that would sell you one. I've bought them with sanded stock and with original paint and excellent stock.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:35 AM

I came across one at a local pawn shop a few months ago. Not being familiar with them, I almost passed on it because of the $1395 plus tax price tag. Something kept drawing me back to look at it, and after looking up the markings, and such, I bought it on the 4th trip back. Still being skeptical, I offered $1200 out the door since I am willing to pay that for an excellent condition Springer anyway. After taking it apart and inspecting all the parts by characteristics, measuring, and heat lots, it turned out to be the real deal. The red band is gone but I can still see flecks of red paint in certain areas of the wood grain.