Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpd3672 View Post
Why do I get the feeling that, anal retentive as we are, we'll be matching "correct" Makolocks to our Carbines in 50 years.

"You bought your carbine in early January of 2011, so the correct one would have the first revision, but no Plastikote."

"Which color of Plastikote would be correct for a March, 2011 Inland?!?"

We need help, all of us...

Damn !!! We should have numbered them, like "Model 1", "Model 1A", "Model 2A-Revision 2Y" (for the yellow coating).
Where the hell were you when I started all this??

Home of the FREE Carbine Club Newsletter Index raeed4@comcast.net
I do NOT have newsletters to sell! ONLY our INDEX of what is in each issue. To get the issues see the link for the Carbine collectors Club.
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/

USAF 379th Bomb Wing (Heavy) SAC
Gun Owners of SC
GCA
Old 01-18-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.2009 View Post
Damn !!! We should have numbered them, like "Model 1", "Model 1A", "Model 2A-Revision 2Y" (for the yellow coating).
Just sent a MO today for a "Model 2A-Revision 2Y" I hope you will include a dated receipt showing this information, so my grandchildren will have provenance proving this is a genuine "Post Office Bring-back." Please include the fact that this part is "unmarked" and also include the manufacturer of the yellow coating, including the batch number and purchase date of the coating material. Also, whether this plastic finish is described as "Yellow, or Pale Yellow, or Bright Yellow, or Deep Yellow." Thanks
Old 01-18-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G26ster View Post
Just sent a MO today for a "Model 2A-Revision 2Y" I hope you will include a dated receipt showing this information, so my grandchildren will have provenance proving this is a genuine "Post Office Bring-back." Please include the fact that this part is "unmarked" and also include the manufacturer of the yellow coating, including the batch number and purchase date of the coating material. Also, whether this plastic finish is described as "Yellow, or Pale Yellow, or Bright Yellow, or Deep Yellow." Thanks
It's "Baby Poop Yellow" ... NOW, show me the money!!!

I do NOT have newsletters to sell! ONLY our INDEX of what is in each issue. To get the issues see the link for the Carbine collectors Club.

Gun Owners of SC
GCA
Old 01-20-2011, 01:28 PM

[QUOTE
SO, I found a product that can be used on the MakoLock to better "seal" the breech end if you feel the need. I have been playing with it this weekend and it works.
[/QUOTE]
Enter the "MakoLock+"
Old 01-20-2011, 04:30 PM

As I said before, if you don't have a can of the coating and don't want to spend the $6-8 to buy it for this one job, send it back and I will do it for free for the cost of postage. If you are just now ordering, add a $Buck to the price ($17.45 + 1.00) and I will coat it for you before I send it. I've tried it and it seems to seal very well. Only time will tell how it will stand up to the bore cleaner. I've checked mine about 2 dozen times and it still looks good. NO guarantee it will last forever, only time will tell.

Gun Owners of SC
GCA
Old 01-20-2011, 06:31 PM

J.R.,
Just curious.....I love my Mako Lock but in the back ground of your pics....did you go to Pet Smart for the tags with SN's. If so...very cool. Great idea.
Randy (MXLMAX)
Old 01-20-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXLMAX View Post
J.R.,
Just curious.....I love my Mako Lock but in the back ground of your pics....did you go to Pet Smart for the tags with SN's. If so...very cool. Great idea.
Randy (MXLMAX)
We do this at the Ace store where I work. It makes finding the carbine I want to take out of the safe easy to find. I offered to do this for the guys at CMP a while back.
Thanks for the comment on our MakoLock.
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/r.../blacktags.jpg

Gun Owners of SC
GCA
Old 01-21-2011, 06:33 PM

I just received my two of the MakoLocks the other day (one's for my son) and it appears that they're going to work very well. In my round bolt Inland the device slides into place easily and seems to be very stable with the bolt holding it in place.

J.R is a very easy seller to work with and the entire purchase went through without a single hiccup.

Thanks, J.R.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:24 PM

Thanks for the plug. Glad you like it. By the way I have lifted the wait to ship on personal checks. I have never been burned by a CMP member and figure I won't now. The MakoLock is shipped as soon as I get the order, well, with in a day or so. PLEASE send your e-mail address with the order!!!
Thanks to all who have ordered.

Gun Owners of SC
GCA
Old 01-24-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.2009 View Post
I got mine, with "early features" the other day. It seems to be a well made little widget, thanks!