Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Forum Webmaster
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2011, 10:57 PM

You guys are working too hard on this, and worrying too much.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogtripper View Post
The spirit of the rule (at least as I have gathered from several other forums) is that one should not be calling attention to off-site sales.
And what would be a rational rationale for such a "spirit of a rule". If one member can point out something that another member is looking for, that strikes me as being a good thing. I see this happening on almost all of the firearms forums I visit (with one notable exception).

We're here to help one another out and to promote the care, safe use, and enjoyment of firearms . . . at least I thought that was the plan. Did I miss a memo?
Old 02-14-2011, 12:37 AM

What is the latest example of this that the OP is referring to? I personally think that if you are plugging your own auction your a tool. However, if your bringing attention to everyone an auction that pertains to the respective forum it's posted in and the OP has no vested interest in it well then it's OK. I guess it's all in the wording.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazaroo View Post
What is the latest example of this that the OP is referring to? I personally think that if you are plugging your own auction your a tool. However, if your bringing attention to everyone an auction that pertains to the respective forum it's posted in and the OP has no vested interest in it well then it's OK. I guess it's all in the wording.
Agreed and apologies to you for "latest example" The grey area really is Hypothetically Dick tells Harry "Selling Garand" Harry comes on site and says "I have no vested interest but Dick is selling a Garand on websiteX" Is that much different than Dick just saying I'm selling a Garand on website x?

As pointed out earlier.. Probably a lot made of nothing and there are worse problems in the world. Just wanted clarification ...

Northland Sportsmen's Club, 2018 President
CMP Match Chairman
NRA Highpower Rifle Chairman
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chief Range Officer
Old 02-14-2011, 05:45 AM

I don't see it as a problem. If someone was constantly spamming the board with auction items, then that would require action. A simple post/link letting other enthusiasts know about an interesting item like the recent IHC M1, is ok in my book. Nit picking by people looking for infractions that are not even moderators is lame-o in my opinion. Have fun !!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:44 AM

My guess is that someone hoping to buy at auction didnt appreciate the extra competition brought on by the auction getting publicised here.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:09 AM

My girlfriend's 7 year old loves to tattle on me. I have figured out that if i quickly say to him "don't be a tattle tale" he drops it.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer03 View Post
My guess is that someone hoping to buy at auction didnt appreciate the extra competition brought on by the auction getting publicised here.
No kidding. That, and if someone is looking for an item, why are they incapable of checking other sites on their own? Seems easy to do.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly One View Post
No kidding. That, and if someone is looking for an item, why are they incapable of checking other sites on their own? Seems easy to do.
The way you jump from someone sharing a link to people being "incapable of checking other sites on their own" is laughable and perhaps a little sad. Logic like that cannot be explained.
So if I click on that link I'm now incapable of checking sites on my own ?
If you are not interested in that type of thread - then don't read it, others here might just be interested. Seems easy to do....

Last edited by mknopfler; 02-14-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer03 View Post

Bingo!