Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2009, 09:58 AM

Default Where have you been finding primers?

The title says it all. Where have you guys been finding primers lately? Locally? Ordering online?

Paying the haz-mat fees for shipments is pretty obnoxious...but I can't get anything locally. Nobody seems willing to hold a brick that comes in on shipments. I have an order in with Cabela's for CCI Large Rifle. The backorder listing made it look like they would actually be getting them soon (it said 0-1 week as of late last week), but now it looks like nothing's coming in at all.

I realize pretty much everybody everywhere has this issue, but I'm just curious where you fellas are finding them.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:27 AM

Things have really began to get better around here (Cntrl MS) for acquiring primers. You can find them for time to time - maybe not the exact brand you may be looking for, but you can usually find the correct size or type. Problem now is cost. Most are going for $39.95K.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:42 AM

I ordered 5000 Remington 71/2 small rifle bench rest primers from Cabela's three weeks ago. They told me I would receive my order in 10 to 12 weeks. To my surprise the primers arrived only two weeks after I placed the order. Go figure!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPlainsRifleman View Post
The title says it all. Where have you guys been finding primers lately? Locally? Ordering online?

Paying the haz-mat fees for shipments is pretty obnoxious...but I can't get anything locally. Nobody seems willing to hold a brick that comes in on shipments. I have an order in with Cabela's for CCI Large Rifle. The backorder listing made it look like they would actually be getting them soon (it said 0-1 week as of late last week), but now it looks like nothing's coming in at all.

I realize pretty much everybody everywhere has this issue, but I'm just curious where you fellas are finding them.
I picked up 5K Wolf primers from PowderValley a month ago.

I was able to get 5K WLR from Midway.

Dont hold your breath on Cabelas. I have an open order from March for primers (CCI 200's). If I ever get them I'll let you know the date.

Eric
Old 10-26-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericc View Post
. . . 5K Wolf primers from PowderValley . . .
Wolf primers at Powder Valley
Old 10-26-2009, 12:14 PM

Ericc,

Thanks a bunch! I had never heard of Powder Valley, but I just went to their site and put in an order for 1,000 Wolf Large Rifle primers. I live in Nebraska, so I may even get 'em in time to get some rounds loaded for this weekend.

Have you used your Wolf primers for an M1?

Thanks again for the tip on Powder Valley. They seem like great people to do business with.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:15 PM

edlmann, thanks for the reply as well. Any plugs for Wolf primers? I'm assuming they're just fine. I've never used them before.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:55 PM

Wolf primers are from the same company that makes primers for PMC loaded ammo. I have not heard a bad report yet on them.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:30 PM

I ordered 5k from natchezss.com. My research on them shows that you may need to tweek your load but since I havn't got a load yet It just means I'll be shooting wolf for a while. With 5k I'll be shooting them for a little bit anyway. I don't have my invoice but I think it was less that 125.00. But as I look now they show out of stock. Lucky me Mine will be here Wed.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:13 AM

I've been buying Remington primers from Cabela's in multiples of 10K and they vary in the delivery time but eventually I get them in. The hazmat is not bad when you buy a quantity, about cancels out the sales tax I save.