Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by col b View Post
Here is a pic of my early Rockola CMP Bavarian...highwood appears to have original unmolested finish....still has the name of the person it was assigned to taped under the forearm.
Nice one. One thing I have always admired about the CMP Bavarians is that they have been unmolested and out of "collector's" hands for the last 60 years. Many original parts. I have a local friend that received a very nice 6 million luck of the draw.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:49 PM

That would be nice, but it's my fault so I will eat this one. I'll just do what I can with it.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:04 PM

it's your money, but i would try. that stock has splits running out from the buttplate, like the butt was slammed on the ground.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:21 PM

Well I'm giving it a whirl, an email has been sent. We will see how it goes.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:32 PM

good luck, i hope it works out. i have nothing against the pot belly stocks, they make good shooters and are stronger but those splits on that one would scare me. for reference i am almost done doing a late featured carbine. i bought a very nice SA 50's era walnut stock w/ butt and recoil plate and handguard for $85. it had a few minor dings but cleaned up very nicely.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn View Post
May we see more photos of your Rock-Ola? It would be good to see a close up of the markings on barrel band and flip sight area as well as the front sight and barrel markings. If possible. Thanks.

There is a person in Florida, that I use to do business with in my earlier collecting years. He was and still is very well thought of by a lot of folks. Most of the hard core collectors have come to realize he has a cottage industry of faking carbines, including faking acceptance stamps, welding stake marks, and selling fake barrels to name a few. He always denied his items were fake, and would take a personal check. Instead of cashing this check, he would hang on to it for a long time, until he was sure you would keep his items. If you had problem with his stuff, he simply returns your undeposited check and would tell you that there were others who would appreciate his work.

He once sold me a supposed documented 7 million Inland that turned out to be a ground down, re-welded, and re-stamped M2 receiver. BTW, his fake Rock-Ola stamps were of the horizontal variety. I too use to believe he could never do anything like this.
if you dont mind me asking , what is this gents name . im about to buy a few stocks from a guy in FLA..................

Last edited by rcycles45; 09-14-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:11 AM

The one I just bought is from a William bahan out of WI.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:57 AM

Please also keep in mind that just because an RMC acceptance stamp is applied vertically does not mean that it's real.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:16 AM

Most Rock-ola cartouches you see on stocks for sale are fake. As always ''buyer beware''. Learn how to tell the difference, save the pics of the fake and real cartouches to use later.

M1-TA
Old 09-14-2011, 09:25 AM

Thanks for the help everyone. It's a shame that there are fakes in the first place that we have to look for. The seller also advised me this came from a cmp rifle that was traded in and he has the cmp certificate for it. He stated the rest of the rifle was put in an A1 stock, so that stock was left over.