Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesco1 View Post
did they mention anything about stocking anything soon?

i want to drive over from atlanta to pick out my first garand this saturday but i would like a ww2 SN.
heck if your in Atlanta you mine as well go. You may leave dissapointed but its not far
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 PM

You could worse case scenario go and if you dont find what you want, grab a can off ammo so you will have it when you finally pick you one.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 AM

Some days (rarely) the boys in the back will bring out a few unannounced surprises to keep the customers grinning. For example, I've seen posted accounts of (and in person) 1-2 dozen Winchester service grades that are unavailable through mail order.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennboy View Post
I've seen posted accounts of (and in person) 1-2 dozen Winchester service grades that are unavailable through mail order.
you know, that's a really good point. if it isn't even available for mail order (e.g. Winchesters), it could be on the shelf.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:24 PM
Banned

My wife and I drove up to the SS yesterday and were very disapointed. We should have called as the employees told us. The positive is it was only 100 miles there and 100 miles back. I did get two rusty carbine mags and a couple of the slings. Bayonets were slim and nothing nice there.They did not say anything about restocking, but I thought I heard something about 60 days behind. I would not reccomend anyone going anytime soon and call before you go.
There was a nice couple there from Delonga Georgia that I wanted to get there Email so if you read this please get in touch. He said he had an Inland Carbine as do I and he bought a few bayonets. Hope you two read this.
wayne and julie IBMer
Old 01-24-2013, 08:36 PM

Go on, take the ride. My wife and I went down on the 19th and did well pretty well. We were shopping for several rifles for my sons and a BIL, and of course a couple for me. I picked up a 43 WRA SG, one 44 SA SG, two 45 SA SGs, and a very nice 55 HRA SG. The WRA and 44 SA have wood (havenít had time to looks too closely) and the others CMP stocks. Iíve wanted to get another Garand since 93, and finally did thank God!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Banned

As of Wed the 23rd the south store did not have any FG,SG, RG of anything. I would not go right now, or as I said you should call unless you want a BB gun or a rusty Kimber unless you want to just go for a ride.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in SC View Post
Go on, take the ride. My wife and I went down on the 19th and did well pretty well. We were shopping for several rifles for my sons and a BIL, and of course a couple for me. I picked up a 43 WRA SG, one 44 SA SG, two 45 SA SGs, and a very nice 55 HRA SG. The WRA and 44 SA have wood (havenít had time to looks too closely) and the others CMP stocks. Iíve wanted to get another Garand since 93, and finally did thank God!
thats one heck of hall, post some pics
Old 01-24-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtime7 View Post
heck if your in Atlanta you mine as well go. You may leave dissapointed but its not far
If I was in Atlanta Iíd be at the SS every other week!

My oldest son and I are planning on going through a couple of them this weekend. Heís already locked on to one of the 45 SAs. Iíll try to post some pics after.

Scott
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 PM

I was planning on going Sat. Morning. But think I wil wait. Going to hang with the family in ATlanta instead.

Rover1992