Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2019, 06:06 PM

Default What is your plan?

So I have been reading a lot of threads and people talk about values and such. Everyone has different ideas for their 1911. I thought it would be interesting what you plan to do with yours. I love the history and I carried one for a while in Vietnam so my interest is sort of emotional. That was the main reason I wanted one. But believe it or not I intend to use it to compete in the New England Games in the 1911 "as issued" competition.
Yeah, I now it wont be as accurate as others but for me it is the thrill of doing it. At my age I shake like a leaf so if I can shake just right, who knows? I am not really a collector and as far as the investment value it is something to leave my son. I am going to have a blast shooting it.

What will you do with yours?

Scott
Old 03-02-2019, 06:10 PM

Touch it inappropriately and put it in the safe.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:12 PM

I plan on doing the same thing. Hope to attend the NE games sometime in the next few years.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:17 PM

I plan to shoot mine.... hopefully I’ll get a fresh rebuild with a hard slide. I won’t change a thing except for the grease.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:17 PM

I shall praise it highly with the knowing that it's historical value will be more durable than Bitcoins.

Last edited by guncotton; 03-03-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:39 PM

Since I still donít have a RNG number, Iím not expecting to get one. If luck prevails, Iíll likely shoot it once or twice and put it away as a safe queen.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:40 PM

I'll take mine (when I get it???) to the range with my Union Switch every once in a while and do that with it for which it was made -- to shoot. I once had a guy ask me what kind of guns I collected. Without a moments hesitation I answered, "Ones that I can shoot." I won't have a pure safe queen.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:56 PM

Shoot a couple mags through it and put it in the safe with the rest of my not so fun to shoot oldies but goldies and get it out when I have company to tell war stories to.
In case someone here does not know the difference. A fairytale starts off "Once upon a time." A war story starts off "There I was."
Old 03-02-2019, 08:06 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to OldGrouchyGuy

Shoot it once in a while, keep it safe in memory of my late Dad, a WWII vet who carried one through France and Germany. When my time is up, pass it down for caretaking to future generations along with my carbines, garands, 1903's and various sundry other historical members of the Preservers of Freedom tool kit.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:47 PM

i will fondle mine romantically and shoot it rarely as it will be in the rotation of many surplus firearms i rarely shoot. I overpaid for mine at auction due to me being an idiot and not sending my paperwork in for the CMP 1911s. If they ever accept order packets again i hope i can get a refurb as a shooter.