Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2019, 03:40 PM

Default Books for sale, mostly WWII & Vietnam War

Hi everyone,
Here is another small selection of used books dealing with military history. All are in excellent condition, except where noted otherwise.
Shipping is actual USPS costs. PM me with your selection to get a shipping quote. Media mail is generally the cheapest option, but it can take a week or so.

I can accept paypal, checks (held until cleared), or USPS money orders.

More pictures to follow in the next post.

REDUCED PRICES

Vietnam War
  1. The Soldier's Story by Ron Steinman - 75+ accounts of veterans from all military branches, early & late in the war, like new HC $3
  2. The Sorrow of War by Bao Ninh - Novel written by a North Vietnamese soldier, VG PB, $3
  3. Where the Domino Fell by Olson and Roberts - High-level history of relationship between US and Vietnam from 1945-1995, ex textbook in rough condition PB with highlighting, $1 or free if you buy another book
  4. A Bright Shining Lie by Neil Sheehan - Traces the career of John Paul Vann and his involvement in Vietnam from 1962 through his death as a civilian advisor in 1972, when he transition from opposing US involvement in Vietnam to supporting it, VG PB $4

WWII
  1. The Man Who Flew the Memphis Belle by Col R Morgan - Memoir of pilot who flew 25 combat missions with the B-17 in Europe and another 29 in a B-29 in the Pacific, HC with some tears to the DJ, otherwise good, $3
  2. Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose - Easy Company, 506PIR, 101st Airborne Division. What more is there to say? Amazing stories of Normandy, Market Garden, etc, from first-hand accounts. Older edition PB in great shape, $4
  3. The Air-Raid Warden Was a Spy by William Breuer - Stories of WWII espionage & more, all of which take place in the US, good HC, but ex-library with a sticker on the spine, $5
  4. Ghost Soldiers by Hampton Sides - True story of mission to rescue POWs from Bataan death march, Good PB $3
  5. Easy Company Soldier by Don Malarkey - Personal memoir of one of the soldiers of Band of Brothers fame, excellent condition PB, $3
  6. Killing Patton by Bill O'Reilly - Detailed look at the suspicious circumstances surrounding Patton's death, like new HC, $4
  7. All the Gallant Men by Donald Stratton - Memoir of a survivor of the USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor, like new HC $3
  8. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand - Story of Louis Zamperini, shot down in the Pacific & held POW by the Japanese, like new HC, $3
  9. Flags of Our Fathers by James Bradley - Story of the six men who raised the flag on Iwo, Good PB $3

Others
  1. Their War for Korea by Allan Millett - Collection of 40 vignettes from US, Allied & Korien perspectives, excellent PB $4
  2. 1776 by David McCullough - Detailed story of those who marches with Washington, PB Good shape - $3
  3. Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose - Story of Lewis & Clark expedition by the Band of Brothers author - PB VG, $3

Last edited by jasonc; 07-24-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:41 PM

Closeups of a couple:

Old 07-14-2019, 03:43 PM

Closeup of Where the Domino Fell, shows highlighting, tabs, wear:

Old 07-14-2019, 04:00 PM

I’m in for #2, Band of Brothers, #3, air raid warden was a spy, and #6, killing Patton. PM Sent
Old 07-14-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaTango View Post
Iím in for #2, Band of Brothers, #3, air raid warden was a spy, and #6, killing Patton. PM Sent
Sold and shipped, thanks!
Old 07-15-2019, 10:28 AM

I will take Bright shining lie.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLynn View Post
I will take Bright shining lie.
Super, I will send you a PM for more info.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:36 PM

I will take "Their War for Korea"!
Old 07-15-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsman View Post
I will take "Their War for Korea"!
All yours!
Old 07-18-2019, 06:04 PM

Bump!