Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2019, 01:19 AM

Because it was my first Garand....

Veteran US Army, Artillery
NRA Member
My Dad was a Gun Captain on the USS Enterprise CV-6 WWll
Old 07-25-2019, 03:05 AM

"Snorkel" was my Army radio call sign. Like Sgt. Snorkel from Beetle Bailey.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:40 PM

binlookin:
My original handle somehow got fouled up on eBay and I needed to re-register and set up another one in order to get a bid in on time. For an item that I had been looking for quite some time. I typed in: 'binlookin' and punched in my password and I was back in business! 'I been looking a long time'.
A long time before I got hooked on Garand's, Carbines and .22 target rifles. I was into 'collectable' cast Iron cookware. [Which helped finance my move into these 'OLD' guns!]
and 'I still be looking' !
Old 07-27-2019, 10:06 PM

d.swider777
d is my first initial. swider is how a good friend of mine mispronounced my last name once in high school and it stuck as a nickname. 777 points to my relationship with Jesus who died for my sins, restored my relationship with God and truly set me free from bondage.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:02 PM

MSC-USN
Retired Medical Service Corps, U.S. Navy. Served and supported Marines and their family members most of my career. Military service legacy, as Grandpa was a WWII Seabee and Dad was a US Army Vietnam combat veteran. Thankful to have served with so many great people - notably our Navy Hospital Corpsman.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:55 AM

Default "MePoocho"

J.R. 2009,

I'm happy to have found this site. I'm a new guy that has his Dad's Korean War M1 carbine. I am presently climbing the 'vertical' learning curve on the history, etc of the M1 carbine. This site is a magnificent venue for so much information.

Anyway, 'MePoocho' came from living in Baja Sur, California... In 2005 my wife and I moved to a small fishing village 1,100 south of the US border on the coast. We built a place on the ocean and lived there for 8 1/2 years.

One day while on our monthly two hour journey to town for provisions we spotted a six week old little puppy on the side of the dirt road and picked her up. We named her 'Betsy' and nursed her back to health.

We enjoy the song 'Béame Mucho' (kiss me a lot) so we made it 'BetsyMePoocho' and sing it to her. Now we are presently living in Florida and still we sing it to her and I use 'MePoocho' on this forum.

As a side note,,,, J.R. 2009, in early '65 I was also in SAC on B-47's in the 509th stationed at Pease, AFB, NH. And in mid '65 I was reassigned to PACAF and C130's. Which dropped my rear in SEA & Vietnam until '71.

Long story, but that is why I use 'MePoocho'.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:09 PM

303TMMS represents my time in the UK with the 303rd Tactical Missile Maintenance Squadron, USAF Europe